04-13-2013 01:29 AM
So I go to use my PB after it has sat almost a week. It didnt want to boot up, so I plugged it in, rebooted, and it charged up.
Now Iisii try to use it, and it takes forever to get to the Password screen.
I can enter my password, then it just goes to the colors screen at start up.
I try to plug it into my laptop, it says device isnt finished updating.
It is at the current OS revision...
How can I wipe it and start over from the desktop? Is that possible?
04-13-2013 07:53 AM
You need to follow these instructions to "debrick" your PlayBook:
1. Do a backup of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software version 7 installed. It can be downloaded from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/ 2. After the backup is finished, unplug the PlayBook and on the PlayBook press and hold down the power button until the unit forces the device off.
3. With the Desktop Software open on your computer and the PlayBook powered off, connect the PlayBook to your computer and press the power button for 20 seconds to power up.
4. You should see an error screen from Desktop Software popup with the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.
Very quickly choose the Update option.
5. All information will on your PlayBook will be erased and a reload of the Software will commence to install on the PlayBook.
6. Once this is complete your PlayBook will go back through the initial (as if new) setup wizard (entering the BlackBerryID, etc., and then you can perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your personal data from the backup. Applications which you downloaded from AppWorld won't restore, but they can be easily reinstalled using AppWorld > MyWorld section of AppWorld.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code