Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
gloryvinh
My Device: Playbook & 9900

How To Keep Playbook Battery Well?

Hi all, I'm new here and I'm from Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam. I've just had my friend bought a playbook on Futureshop in Canada for me. I just registered for 90 days online support on Nov 17th. And I've read a lots about playbook battery's dead. Actually I did have a dead one several months ago when I was using it (battery level was about 35%), it suddenly turn off and never turned on. The technician in my country said my last playbook had an IC or Ram dead.

Now this is my second one. So I'm very worry about the battery, afraid that it will die like my last playbook again. So I have several questions (actually four that I concern) that need your helps:

1. How often should I turn my playbook off or reset to keep my playbook battery well for a long time?

2. What is the best way to charge and discharge the playbook? And which is the best way to charge the playbook: plug in the charger and turn it off or standby it?

3. I have a rapid charger bought from RIM, is it good if I charge may playbook with the rapid charger usually? And is it good to charge the playbook with the rapid charger and left it overnight?

4. And if I have problems with my playbook, what email address or phone number could I contact for help?

Overall, thank you for all your help.

Best regards.

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: How To Keep Playbook Battery Well?

This has been answered today already.

Sorry Jarviser, but I have some more detail questions and I want to have more information about how to keep my playbook battery well because I really dont want to lose it again.hic

Trusted Contributor
rossjackson01
My Device: Playbook 64gb (wifi)

Reading the comments on battery usage, I have applied the following:-

I try never to let the battery get lower than 40%. When ever I can I connect the charge unit. If the Playbook is switched off the battery is still being charged. I have never had a problem with the o/s or battery.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ross

Regards to all (except BB)
JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

gloryvinh wrote:

2. What is the best way to charge and discharge the playbook? And which is the best way to charge the playbook: plug in the charger and turn it off or standby it?

3. I have a rapid charger bought from RIM, is it good if I charge may playbook with the rapid charger usually? And is it good to charge the playbook with the rapid charger and left it overnight?

4. And if I have problems with my playbook, what email address or phone number could I contact for help?

2. Just charge it as needed. Don't let it get below 30-40%. Place the PlayBook in Standby (touch the battery icon at upper right > Standby) when not using it for several hours or overnight.

3. The rapid charger is great. Yes, overnight is fine, I leave mine to charge everynight.

4. No email address, but you will find a PlayBook support number in your Support Registration at www.blackberry.com/playbook

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
JSanders

jarviser wrote:

This has been answered today already.

Agreed. One thread, same thread would have been sufficient, all on the same topic.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
gloryvinh

Thanks JSanders. As you say: "2. Just charge it as needed. Don't let it get below 30-40%." ==> that means the playbook battery is not as good as other tablet devices, and we only use half of the playbook capacity to keep it good? My brother has a Nook tablet (from Barns & Noble), we usually use it until the battery level is under 10% or even the level is 0% before we plug it in the charger but it still ok upto now (about a year). When I buy this second playbook, my brother says why dont I buy other tablet devices as Nexus 7 or Kindle Fire because Nexus 7/Kindle is recently manufactured and the battery seem to be better.

JSanders

Where did I say half?

These batteries (and your brother's Nook as well) are not made to drain. They last longer with topping off. Draining them puts them through a "cycle" which shortens the overall life of the device.

Check it out.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
gloryvinh

No more ideas about this topics?
JSanders

I have no more, unless you have further questions.

How many thoughts would you like?

Knowledge Base Updates