Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

How can I buy apps from the US store rather than the UK

Hi

I have just brough a new playbook but before buying i looked to see what aps were available and their cost, these were priced in dolars, however, now when I try to download them when I log in the price is in UK pounds and increase in price by approximately 40%.  This seems totally unreasonable, I am happy to purchase in dollars from the american store; how can this be done? 

Super Contributor
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

Re: How can I buy apps from the US store rather than the UK

[ Edited ]

A $1 will cost £1 They think we won't mind. It’s the great American ripoff started by Microsoft and now permeating the whole market.  i suppose it costs more to push it through the Atlantic cables.

Edit: the answer is you can't buy from another app world without setting yourself up as an american user, and rumour has it Playbook knows where you are and will not play nicely.

As an experiment, and to answer an open Syria query, you could security wipe playbook and try with a false US bbid and location but then you can't use the apps you already bought from Blighty.