Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Bombay642
My Device: Playbook 2.1.0.1314

Re: How can I move videos to computer without syncing

Hi J Saunders

I've left about 5 messages with help requests, I think I mentioned it here at one point. Anyways, by where do I get this message do you mean which site? The Blackberry Support Community (if you get thses messages from a variety of places) or do you mean on what device? I have a Toughbook pc running vista with me.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hutch0707
My Device: Playbook

I don't recall seeing this in your original post, but do you have blackberry desktop manager installed? If not, you will need to install it. You'll need the drivers so your laptop can recognize your playbook. I believe the latest is version 7. 

If you use wifi sharing just map to network drive on pc using \\ip address of playbook or on mac connect to server by using smb://ip address of playbook. PlayBook ip can be found under network tab in about section under settings.

You will note able to change video size after recording. You'll have to make camera settings changes prior to recording. I record all my daughter's school activities and competitions on my playbook and simply transfer them for safe keeping/backup to my desktop at home. Works great whether I drag and drop or wifi (both mac and pc).

Be sure to have desktop software installed in order to have playbook drivers.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,957
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Bombay642 wrote:

Hi J Saunders

I've left about 5 messages with help requests, I think I mentioned it here at one point.

I have no idea what that means... you're getting pretty good help in this forum. I don't know where you "left messages".

Bombay642 wrote: The Blackberry Support Community (if you get thses messages from a variety of places) or do you mean on what device? I have a Toughbook pc running vista with me.

Where are you getting this message: "I get a message saying it cannot connect contact my service provider." ?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bombay642

Hi J Sanders

I wasn't clear, I've written to Blackberry and on a number of help sites, sorry if I didn't mention that I was traveling on this site.The place where I got the message "unable to detect service contact service provider" was on the Bluetooth Settings on my pc. I have since found out how to get past the passkey and did connect the two devices but the pc still would not see the PB despite the bluetooth manager on both devices indicated they were connected.

Meanwhile, I tried after that to uninstall and reinstall the Blackberry Deskstop Software for the 3rd time. Initially it did not see my data. I turned off wifi, and took down my firewall. I turned off the PB plugged it in, then turned it on and it started syncing. IT WORKED.

Thanks for all your advice and the time you took.

Bombay642

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bombay642

Hi Hutch0707,

I didn't see you could change the video size. Thanks. But before I found a solution, my attempts to map to network with the \\ip address failed for some reason. Not sure why. And before now the pb would not appear in 'my computer' when it was plugged in, with the software installed on my pc.

Meanwhile, I tried after that to uninstall and reinstall the Blackberry Deskstop Software for the 3rd time. Initially it did not see my data. I turned off wifi, and took down my firewall. I turned off the PB plugged it in, then turned it on and it started syncing. IT WORKED.

Thanks for all your advice and the time you took.

Bombay642

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,957
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Bombay642 wrote:

Great, glad you got it working.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MXZ
My Device: PlayBook

great :smileyhappy: