Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Berven
My Device: Curve 9630 and Playbook
My Carrier: MTS

How can I run a picture slide show continuously on my playbook?

I would like to run a picture slide show on a continuous loop but I cannot find any settings to accomplish that.  Does anyone know how or if I can do that?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Developer
WebCreep
My Device: BlaclBerry PlayBook 16gb, BlackBerry dev alpha
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: How can I run a picture slide show continuously on my playbook?

Go to pictures open a image and then tap on middle of screen. Now you will see play button on bottom in between. Click that you will get that
Please use plain text.
Contributor
markyg
My Device: 9600
My Carrier: multiple

Your answer is inaccurate. You should re read what the original post asks. The solution you give doesn't loop.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Berven wrote:

I would like to run a picture slide show on a continuous loop but I cannot find any settings to accomplish that.  Does anyone know how or if I can do that?

Thank you.

Buy the app Photo Frame Pro. Load the photos into a folder in pictures folder using the free app AIR Browser. Select the folder in the app and it runs continuously

Thanks for the quick response. I tried to use the photo frame pro. I am not impressed. There aren't many useful options. I doesn't seem to work very well. 10 second delay per picture is too long and the loop option isn't very easy to find and the transitions are too clunky. It would be better if there was no transitions.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
markyg

also clock, note weather temp WTF were they thinking? they seem likely pretty useless options.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
markyg

I never got a good answer for this. It is so hard to be a champion for Blackberry with this sort of disappointment.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

markyg wrote:

I never got a good answer for this. It is so hard to be a champion for Blackberry with this sort of disappointment.

You got the only answer available. If you don't like photo frame pro, write your own app. 

My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB, OS 2.1.0.1314, with leather case-stand, fast dock charger, dual purpose car/home ReTrak charger... and more!
My Carrier: not cellular, just wi-fi - all I ever need!

[ Edited ]

Hi BERVEN,

You state that you are very disappointed because you have not been given a solution. Well, don't be disappointed with your new BBPB because it can indeed do what you want and  I have the solution for you right here.

STEP 1: TAP the PICTURES APP (on the homescreen) quick-like with your finger.

----  Immediately, all the ALBUMS containing all your photos show on the screen.

---- You will have saved your photos here, grouped by date or subject or other sort order, depending on how your photos were grouped together on your PC or MAC before you transferred them.

STEP 2: TAP one of your "ALBUMS"

-----------  Pictures are stored in albums, which is sensible. 

------------- If they were downloaded from pc "folders", then a "folder" in Windows becomes an "ALBUM" in the BBPB.

------------- All the pictures in the album are now visible to you (swipe down to see more if there are many)

STEP 3: TAP PICTURE #1 in that album. Now you will be given 2 choices:

------------ You can "swipe" right to see each individual picture still

------------- OR go to Step 4  (and there you will find the answer to your question)

STEP 4: Touch that first picture

The result of touching the screen is that the screen pops up the BACK, PLAY, FORWARD on-screen controls you want.

The 3 MOTION CONTROLS ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PICTURE --- ON THE PICTURE ITSELF.  Press the middle control, which is the LARGEST ONE --- and Wow, YOUR SLIDE SHOW IS RUNNING ALL BY ITSELF!  

You can play ALL the pictures in your PlayBook in a slideshow, together, regardless of which albums they are in ---- one big show, if you like.  Let me know if this worked for you, okay?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

wonder1-47100 wrote:

You can play ALL the pictures in your PlayBook in a slideshow, together, regardless of which albums they are in ---- one big show, if you like.  Let me know if this worked for you, okay?

So how long does the screen stay on wonder1?  more than 5 minutes?