Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
wonder1-47100
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB, OS 2.1.0.1314, with leather case-stand, fast dock charger, dual purpose car/home ReTrak charger... and more!

Re: How do I... (1) "play" a ppt; (2) "see" my sub-folders and their files in "Docs To Go" or "File Manager"?

Thanks Guru1 for your reply about playing ppts on a Playbook.

Yes, I did embed the audio file (wma) in the ppt but it does not play in the Playbook although it does play on my pc. On the PC, Microsoft  actually doesn't do a very good job with mating audio files to ppt files. It says that the audio file  must be in the same folder when you embed the ppt, as it then goes and gets it and plays it when it is running a slideshow - but I discovered that often, even this does not work and you have to have the audio file in the "MY MUSIC" foder as well, even with PowerPoint's latest version! However, the point is that the audio file must always be with the ppt file even if the audio file is embedded in the ppt. l

However, that all said, when I created a "presentationCD" in the PowerPoint program on my pc (a "presentationCD" folder is the standard name for a ppt folder meant to be played stand-alone on a CD or off a USB stick without requiring the host computer to have the actual POWERPOINT exe program - and which contains all the audio, ppt files + pptViewer.exe), it worked on my pc and on other pc's without the PowerPoint program

So, I still have to figure out how to play a slideshow with audio on the playbook. If I find the solution eventually I will post it here. 

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: How do I... (1) "play" a ppt; (2) "see" my sub-folders and their files in "Docs To Go" or "File Manager"?

is the audio linked to the slides ?
if not, just use the music player of the bbpb to launch the music, and use SlidesToGo to display the slides.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
wonder1-47100
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB, OS 2.1.0.1314, with leather case-stand, fast dock charger, dual purpose car/home ReTrak charger... and more!

From my other post on this same topic (that original posted as "PRESENTATIONs" by another user):

"PLAY" (run slideshow)? THE ANSWER IS NO, IT CANNOT.

Confirmed: the PlayBook, contrary to the USER GUIDE, cannot "play" ("run") a PPT as a slideshow. :No:

--- Oh sure, you can indeed "VIEW" the individual slides;

---- you can indeed "EDIT" the individual slides;

--- but you CANNOT "PLAY" the slides as a slideshow

To "play" it, you have to MANUALLY forward each slide. This is not what "play" or "run" means to MicroSoft but is apparently what it means to RIM.

I click the 3rd icon control on the right, which John, you said, runs a slideshow... but all I get is the first slide on the screen and nothing happens further. I even went down into the file system and experimented with DOS code (Play.bat AND PPTVIEWER.EXE etc, which I didn't expect really to work on this OS2, to see if there was a workaround... but unfortunately, nothing works. The PlayBook OS does not seem  to recognize DOS commands used by PowerPoint. One would think that Microsoft and Rim would have worked this out.

I set my PowerPonts up to run automatically, with built-in code (i.e. "custom animations" which control each slide, telling each slide what to do when an event or time occurs). The PlayBook does not have the capability to recognize these controls within each slide of PowerPoint.

RIM should either fix this or edit their USER GUIDE to acknowledge that "play" does not mean "push each slide forward yourself by hand".

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I've only run manual slides where I hit any key to advance during a presentation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!