Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
arby10101
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How do I add an app to the Favorites category?

How do I add an app to the Favorites category? Couldn't find it in help or searching this forum.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Quila467
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb

Re: How do I add an app to the Favorites category?

Tap and hold an icon on the home screen until the icons start to pulsate.  Then you can tap and drag an icon up to the Favorites heading or move icons around.  If there is a garbage can under an icon, you can also delete the icon, which also removes the app from the Playbook.

When you tap and hold an icon on the Favorites page, you'll see an X under all of the icons.  Pressing the X removes the icon from Favorites, but does not remove the app from the Playbook.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
arby10101
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks! Just what I needed. Maybe you could suggest that this be added to the Help material.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bakerspatch
My Device: playbook

I can't add my bridge apps to favorites.  all other apps can be added to favorites.  what's the deal? how do i add bridge apps to favorites?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

there is a tab for all bridge icons, maybe they thought it would suffice for everyone. hopefully some themes can be made for the playbook to satisfy your need in the future

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cedarhill
My Device: Blackberry Torch Smartphone AND Blackberry 32 gb Playbook

Hope someone sees this - my issue also - I tap on the icon and only thing that happens for me is that the app opens...what am I doing wrong?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Quila467 wrote:

Tap and hold an icon on the home screen until the icons start to pulsate.  Then you can tap and drag an icon up to the Favorites heading or move icons around.  If there is a garbage can under an icon, you can also delete the icon, which also removes the app from the Playbook.

When you tap and hold an icon on the Favorites page, you'll see an X under all of the icons.  Pressing the X removes the icon from Favorites, but does not remove the app from the Playbook.

did you try this?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.