Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
PPL_Librarian
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16 GB
My Carrier: n/a
Accepted Solution

How do I get an Incident Number?

Hello,

I am having a great deal of difficulty getting support for the Library's BlackBerry PlayBook.  I understand I need an Incident Number to even get beyond the auto "Do Not Reply" email from BlackBerry Customer Support, but I have no idea how to get one.  The 1 800 514 7982 number is not available to Canadian residents, either.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated - thank you in advance.

By the way, this is the issue we are experiencing:  Bought in March 2012 (so it is still under the one-year warranty), it has recently begun malfunctioning; specifically, it will not accept the Micro-USB cable that came with the device.  We have determined that the cable functions properly, and assume that the Micro-USB port on the PlayBook is the problem.

We understand from the Limited Warranty outlined in the booklet which accompanied the device states that the product "will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period that concludes one (1) year from the date that the BlackBerry Playbook was originally purchased ... During the Warranty Period, if the BlackBerry Playbook hardware is found by RIM to be defective, RIM may at its absolute and sole discretion" repair or replace the device or refund the net purchase price.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: How do I get an Incident Number?

page is here

http://ca.blackberry.com/support/tablets/playbook/contact-support.html

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

BlackBerry Playbook Help desks:

Germany: 0800 1816530 (Gebührenfrei)
North-America: 1 877 255 2377 (Toll Free)
UK: 0808 100 7466 (Toll Free UK only)
Outside UK: +44 1753 558400
Worldwide: 1 519 888 6181

Above are some numbers you can try.
Many problems with the USB connection is caused by inserting the plug in upside down and the connector is bent out of shape.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PPL_Librarian
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16 GB
My Carrier: n/a

Thank you.  The 1 877 644 8405 number got me to an actual person, who was able to assign me an incident number, as well as make the arrangements necessary for me to be able to send our BlackBerry PlayBook to be considered for repair/replacement/refund.

This has been a very long, involved search to get support from BlackBerry.  Regrettably, this will affect whether we purchase a BlackBerry product from RIM again.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

Keep in touch with this Community Help Forum. We don't work for RIM but it is loaded with very knowledgeable people who can help you long before the manufacturer can. So we should expect to see you here again even if it is to say Hello.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

By the way, before you ship the PlayBook to them, be aware that they will wipe all files. So do a backup to your computer before you send it out.
Please use plain text.