Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
terri_rae
My Device: Playbook & Z10

How do you resurrect a playbook that has no battery charge and will no longer accept a charge through the micro USB port?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
vfk
My Device: Q10

Re: How do you resurrect a playbook that has no battery charge and will no longer accept a charge through the micro USB port?

Leave it plugged into the OEM charger for an hour. This will wake up a Playbook that has not seen a charge for a long time.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb

Re: How do you resurrect a playbook that has no battery charge and will no longer accept a charge through the micro USB port?

vfk wrote:
Leave it plugged into the OEM charger for an hour. This will wake up a Playbook that has not seen a charge for a long time.

If the usb port will no longer take a charge then leaving it there til Christmas, or until blackberry get taken over whichever is the sooner, will not wake it up.

Buying a rapid charger with the magnetic plug is what is needed. You have 50% chance it willrecharge with with the rapid charger. If it will still not charge after 24hrs on there, it's another ex playbook pining for the fjords, bereft of life.