Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How is playbook debut ? What is first day sale? 19.04.2011 playbook summary?

Yes, but where?

Currently I stopped developing.

I'm focus on Playbook marketing and Evangelisting.

"More Playbook are sold more chances for my app to sale", your 499$ still works for YOU.

"More Playbook are sold , it's better for Adobe Flash Developers and Flash fans" that is my motto.

So where, to move it?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: How is playbook debut ? What is first day sale? 19.04.2011 playbook summary?

filipoff wrote:

Yes, but where?

It looks like there's a new general PlayBook forum that's been started, which would be more appropriate than this one.  I don't see any specific guidelines there for what's on-topic, so I'd imagine pretty much anything non-development-related would be considered fair game for now.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

First day sales estimates were between 30,000 and 50,000 (I heard closer to 50,000) based on the total sales of 70 stores. However, analyst numbers are normally guesses...
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: -

Good start, according to this french site:

French Info Site

JC
Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I read the same RBC estimates of 50,000 units first day sales, 500,000 first quarter estimates. Not shabby in my mind.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

It is a good start in an already saturated market.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V