Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Blackberry Playbook 64GB RDJ21WW
My Carrier: 6034852308

How long does a new battery take to charge?

I just recieved my playbook and my battery has been showing 0% for quite awhile now. I plugged it in as soon as i got it. I can't finish the set-up process. Am i just too impatient? Is 2 hours to short of a time to get more then 0% battery?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook
My Carrier: MTS

Re: How long does a new battery take to charge?

It depends on what charger you are using. Playbook requires a lot of power to charge, If you try to charge it from your PC, it may never charge, because your pc may not have enough power to do so. Try using wall charger that came in a box together with playbook.

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you! If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: How long does a new battery take to charge?

Nikmaster is quite correct.

I am intrigued how you can see a charge percentage if the playbook is not yet set up. What are you seeing in terms of lights or messages.

Two hours with the wall charger would be enough to get you started but leave it overnight.

Is this a new playbook or an ebayer? Playbooks are notorious for getting usb ports damaged so if it's a pre-owned model that may be the problem. If its new and still at 0% get it exchanged.