Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
gloryvinh
My Device: Playbook & 9900
My Carrier: Vinaphone
Accepted Solution

How often should I turn off and reset playbook to keep the battery life good for a long time?

Hi all, I'm new here and I'm from Ho Chi Minh City. I've just had my friend bought a playbook on Futureshop in Canada for me. I just registered for 90 days online support on Nov 17th. And I've read a lots about playbook battery's dead. So How often should I turn my playbook off or reset to keep my playbook battery well for a long time? And if I have problems with my playbook, what email address or phone number could I contact for help?

Overall, thank you for all your help.

Best regards.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: How often should I turn off and reset playbook to keep the battery life good for a long time?

[ Edited ]

You do not have to do anything special. Most of the remedies in here are for the very few playbooks that have for some reason been run very flat, so all you need to do is avoid total flat battery and avoid damage to the charge lead. I have never had any battery problems nor have the vast majority of users. Playbook is designed to shut down when battery is low anyway. 

So what I have picked up from the forum posts is...

Turn off or recharge when at 10%, though you can recharge at any time without damage.

Don't leave for long periods on standby (like overnight) without a charger. Standby still uses a lot of power.

Make sure the charger plug goes in with Blackberry icon upwards. Paint some tippex or paint on the plug so you don't need your glasses to see it.

Don't use the playbook in your hand whilst connected to standard charger as the micro usb port is fragile. If you need to work and charge on a regular basis get a rapid charger that uses the magnetic connector next to the standard chargeport.

When you do turn it off for a long period, check the screen is completely black. It is normal to "glow black" for about 40 seconds then total black. If it stays slightly glowing, force it off with the power button held on for 20 seconds. 

Personally my regime is power off at night on charger, power on on waking. 

My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: How often should I turn off and reset playbook to keep the battery life good for a long time?

I'll just add that your battery should last longer if you keep the charge topped up - as opposed to draining it and charging again and again.

That being said, I've had my PlayBook for well over a year and the battery still works fine for me.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gloryvinh
My Device: Playbook & 9900
My Carrier: Vinaphone

Thank you for your very fast help.
Please use plain text.