Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Faver
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Idk

How send things from my bbplaybook.

Hi there,

I was wondering how can I send pictures, music, etc, from the bluetooth of my bb playbook.  I've configured the bluetooth, but I cant find how to send files to another device like my laptop or another blackberry playbook or another blackberry phone (without bridge). Someone have any idea? thank you a lot.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
carlandrei06
My Device: Blackberry Curve and Playbook 2.0
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: How send things from my bbplaybook.

i dont think sending files thru bluetooth is going to work.. there's no option for that.. the only thing that you can do is to use the BB desktop mngr..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
benhath
My Carrier: NA

You can copy pictures, videos, docs, etc from the playbook to a PC via WI-FI assuming you have a WI-FI Network. This would be similar to "sending" them except that the action is performed on the PC. Directions are in the manual.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
hApS143
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: MTN

Well for transferring files from PlayBook directly like the way we do is currently not possible.

So for that you have two options:

1. Either connect your Playbook through Bluetooth or USB plug cable to your laptop and open your BlackBerry Desktop Manager for file transfer.

2. Access your playbook while keeping your bluetooth ON through any other device for copying any media files, like we do it with other phones.

Hope either of these options helps you to transfer files!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Faver
My Carrier: Idk

Mmmm... I see... and if I want to share files with another blackberry device (without bridge), I cant, right?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
hApS143
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: MTN

Yes you can for any other BlackBerry device, same as following the procedure via Bluetooth connectivity (without even having BlackBerry Bridge app on your phone).

Accept as solved with the Query or press Like if you are convinced with the solution.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.