Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
zamiraW
My Device: blackberry playbook

How to Transfer Purchased iTunes M4V Movies to Blackberry Playbook on Mac OS X

[ Edited ]

This is a simple tutorial to put purchased iTunes m4v movies to BB Playbook on Mac OS:

First of all, you should know what video formats Blackberry Playbook supports, the current Blackberry Playbook will support: H.264, MPEG4, WMV, DivX. So to watch the iTunes m4v  movies on Blackberry Playbook, you should switch M4V to MP4 format supported by Playbook, to convert m4v to mp4, you will need a powerful converter, Noteburner m4v converter for Mac is recommended.

Step by Step tutorial to convert iTunes M4V movie to MP4 for Playbook on Mac os

Here below is a step by step tutorial to help you transfer iTunes movies to Blackberry Playbook with the Noteburner m4v to mp4 converter for Mac.

Step 1. Download iTunes m4v to mp4 Converter for Mac on Noteburner official website and install it for free.

Step 2. Select M4V movies and add to Noteburner iTunes Video Converter

Click the Add button in the top-left to add the purchased iTunes m4v. The software will open the iTunes movies library by default. Select the files and then click OK.

Here you can select the m4v movies and add to the playlist to convert. It's easy and speedy.

Step 3. Set output path and output format

Click Output dropdown list, you can customize the output path as MP4 for Playbook. If you don't set to customize the output path, the output files will be saved in the default folder

Click Profile dropdown list, you can customize the output formats for your target video format - MP4.

Step 4. Click "Convert" button to start to convert M4V videos with Noteburner M4V iTunes Video Converter for Mac

Step 5. Downloading the converted iTunes movie to Blackberry Playbook without any restrictions.

After Noteburner finishing the iTunes movie converting, you can go to the output folder to download the converted iTunes m4v movies to Playbook by connecting Playbook with your Mac via a USB without any restrictions.

Just try it, it's easy-to-use.

For a Windows user, you can also refer to Windows m4v converter.

Never,never,never give up!
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: How to Transfer Purchased iTunes M4V Movies to Blackberry Playbook on Mac OS X

Thanks for this post zamiraW!

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cerau
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

Re: How to Transfer Purchased iTunes M4V Movies to Blackberry Playbook on Mac OS X

Is this the only way convert movies into the proper format so that they will work on the Playbook? It seems a bit silly to have to pay almost $40.00 for the ability to play movies on a device in which that ability is one of the main components. If it is the only way that's fine just annoying.

Please use plain text.
selenerc
My Device: Blackberry torch 9800

Can I convert it into another format? I did every step and finally when I started to watch the movie it was pretty small, I feel like the HD feature of my playbook is useless this way, and also i wasted $40 dollars.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
zamiraW
My Device: blackberry playbook

Yes, you can set the output format as "Customized MP4 Movie(*mp4)", then set the size as"1024 x 600 ",  then your converted movies will play full on your Playbook.

Never,never,never give up!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
steveplaybook
My Device: playbook

Hmm .. ineteresting ... and how far would it be 'legal' (don't know if it's possible) te create an App that plays DRM copyright protection files ... Just a quik thought :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

if you want to decode DRM, you simply need to have the "closed keys" to decode them, and the legal right to do it.

For the legal right, it's just a matter of signing a contract with the DRM maker (for example the iPod division has those keys made by the iTunes division).

For the getting the closed keys, it is always possible, but can lead to difficulties in your personal life. look for DeCSS on Wikipedia to understand.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
selenerc
My Device: Blackberry torch 9800

Thanks a lot!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
steveplaybook
My Device: playbook

Please use plain text.
darrylhall
My Device: Curve 8500

Well for win pcs there's also Audials Tunebite , that's the one I use at least. Worked for me to convert iTunes m4v protected videos to mp4 for my BB.

This one was actually pretty useful because it comes with customizable conversion profiles; these let you chage conversion settings and choose whatever frame rate, bit rate etc I need to get the files converted just right.

Should be helpful for u guys as well.

Please use plain text.