Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
zhuw
My Device: none
Accepted Solution

How to change BB password if lost answer to recovery question?

It is frustrating ...

Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S

Re: How to change BB password if lost answer to recovery question?

You have to remember either the BlackBerryID password, or the secret question answer. Without either, you're stuck.
Your choices are:
--Use another email account to create an entirely new BlackBerryID (with which you will lose access to any purchased apps using the "forgotten" first BlackBerryID, or
--Find the initial email you were sent to confirm the initial BlackBerryID, and in it is a link to click to cancel and delete the account. Click on that, delete the account and then you can use that same email to create an entirely new account.
Good luck.

more info here:

Article ID: KB25464 How to delete a BlackBerry ID

VIA | JSanders

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/lost-blackberry-ID-reset-question/m-p/260...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.
ianhb
My Device: Playbook

There is a problem if you delete  the account as suggested - -  even if you recreate with the same email address  - this is from the Knowledge article from Blackberry 

NOTE : 
Once the BlackBerry ID has been deleted, all account information associated to the account will not be recoverable. This includes but is not limited to the following:

• All BlackBerry App World purchases will no longer be available
  • All information and backup data within BlackBerry Protect will no longer be available
  • Any subscriptions to BBM Music will no longer be available
  • Any RSS subscriptions within BlackBerry News will no longer be available
  • BlackBerry Internet Service email account associations to that BlackBerry ID will be lost (on BlackBerry 7 and higher devices). Email accounts will then need to be re-associated through a new BlackBerry ID

...- on a Playbook  you have to delete all the data as it will not let you login with a second Blackberry ID and start again.

Please use plain text.
angellondon
My Device: 9881

Has anyone tried contacting Blackberry to reset the ID?
If so, any success?

This is a "shot in the dark" as I am one of many who has forgotten their recovery question
Please use plain text.