Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
lynnricksmith
My Device: 32 GB Blackberry Playbook -Model RDJ21WW
My Carrier: Verizon

How to get my old kindle books on BBPB?

Hi, I sure hope someone can help me. My Kindle broke after I bought a new book from Amazon. I bought this playbook 2nd hand and know nothing! Not real computer savvy at all. I called Amazon and they told me I can download the blackberry version of Google play and be able to download anything from Google play and buy books from them again as well as read them on my new device. They said once I did that, my book would be transferred to my playbook once I signed into my Amazon account from my playbook. However, they told me that in order to get the Google playstore, I would have to go into applications or security settings and allow unknown sources in order to be able to download the app. When I finally found (which I can't find again) manage your applications, it said I didn't have any to manage? I went there again another time and it shows facebook on there? Not sure how that even got that there? Real stupid at computers. Hopefully somebody can help me.  Thanking you in advance.  Lynn Smith  :Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
Developer
mzex
My Device: Playbook, Z10LE, DevAlpha C
My Carrier: Telenor, Mobitel

Re: How to get my old kindle books on BBPB?

They gave you instructions for BB10 OS latest version, you can't do that on Playbook, it doesn't use BB10 OS.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lynnricksmith

Thank you so much. So it wasn't me that was stupid this time! :smileyhappy: I read 6% of my new book tho and I want it! Do you know if I can get it somehow on my pc or laptop? And how to go about doing it?
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

there is a way to sideload kindle on it, i did it for my mother in law a couple of years ago

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lynnricksmith

What does sideload mean? Do you know how to do it? Thanks, Lynn
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Please use plain text.
Developer
mzex
My Device: Playbook, Z10LE, DevAlpha C
My Carrier: Telenor, Mobitel

There is program called "Book Reader" for Playbook, get it on BBWorld. That program can open kindle format books, but you will need to manualy copy books to your Playbook.

Please use plain text.