Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: How to transfer files to and from the BB PlayBook

@danield3 - You want to use the following procedure to set your wi-fi connection:

Wi-Fi® Sharing

Complete the following steps to share files over a Wi-Fi connection:

From the BlackBerry PlayBook home screen, select the settings icon.
Select Storage and Sharing.
Toggle Wi-Fi Sharing to ON.
Tap Properties to verify network identification information. (PlayBook name, password etc)
From a Windows or Mac based computer on the same network as the BlackBerry PlayBook, navigate to the IP address of the PlayBook which can be found under Settings > About > Network.
On a Windows computer, open the Run dialog box and type \\127.1.1.1 (where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)
On a Mac computer, select Go -> Connect to Server... and type smb://127.1.1.1 (where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)
Users will then connect to the media folder which contains several subfolders such as documents, music, photos, videos etc.  Users can then move files between the computer and these folders.

Let us know how it goes. :smileyhappy:
IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
New Contributor
danield3
My Device: Playbook

My playbook showed up under network only one time after that it disappered. 

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor
playbook_fan
My Device: Curve 8530 OS 5.0.0.1030 and playbook OS 1.0.3.2342

[ Edited ]

:smileymad: Ouch, someone is mad in here, sorry knottyrope, but you wont get kudos this time, lol.  If i copy paste from kb the article is to HELP the people, many of them dont know there is a knowledge base.  You are welcome to do it too, it says that you are a "Guru" you know better than me how this forum works.  You got 6 kudos too from two guys that were not helped, just for chatting with someone and nobody said nothing. It is not my fault if the people wants to give me Kudos for helping. Lol

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

nobody is mad at anyone (I think ?), as long as you help people on this forum, that is fine.
but the day the article in the public knowledge base changes, will you edit your message? I think that as much as possible it is better to give links to documentation rather than duplicating it. This is of course my personal opinion, and I'd rather a copy/paste of good current material than nothing.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
danield3

Can someone please help me out to setup the wifi sharing. I brought my playbook 2 weeks ago and still I could no set it up. It showed up only ones and then it never shows up under network. I am getting really mad.

Thank you,

Regular Contributor
playbook_fan
My Device: Curve 8530 OS 5.0.0.1030 and playbook OS 1.0.3.2342

[ Edited ]

This is the third people of the "higher level" of the forum members that complaints about my messages, if you dont like something, address it to the moderator of the forum. I dont see any message in the forum saying that is not allowed to copy/paste. I did copy/paste the kb to help people to know the procedure of wifi connection, i dont see whats the big freaking deal with this , what i see is jelousy. But once again, talk to the moderator or RIM if you dont like something, i dont need to argue with you. And i will give you the same answer you gave me: I will edit the my message "within 100 min" funny guy. If you guys are here just to fight for kudos, it is a shame, i dont need to waste my time in that, sorry if you cannot be on the top of the chart 24/7, it could be frustrating for you but not my fault, lol. A MESSAGE TO THE MODERATOR TOO: If this group of people are the only one ones allowed to solve the issues, post it so the otherS wont post more comments, only this group of "gurus".

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

danield3 wrote:

Can someone please help me out to setup the wifi sharing. I brought my playbook 2 weeks ago and still I could no set it up. It showed up only ones and then it never shows up under network. I am getting really mad.

Thank you,

hello danield3,

did you try what is written in the first message on page 1 of this discussion? do I understand correctly? It worked the first time you applied the procedure, but not the other times ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
jakoby4204
My Device: .

playbook_fan wrote:

This is the third people of the "higher level" of the forum members that complaints about my messages, if you dont like something, address it to the moderator of the forum. I dont see any message in the forum saying that is not allowed to copy/paste. I did copy/paste the kb to help people to know the procedure of wifi connection, i dont see whats the big freaking deal with this , what i see is jelousy. But once again, talk to the moderator or RIM if you dont like something, i dont need to argue with you. And i will give you the same answer you gave me: I will edit the my message "within 100 min" funny guy. If you guys are here just to fight for kudos, it is a shame, i dont need to waste my time in that, sorry if you cannot be on the top of the chart 24/7, it could be frustrating for you but not my fault, lol. A MESSAGE TO THE MODERATOR TOO: If this group of people are the only one ones allowed to solve the issues, post it so the otherS wont post more comments, only this group of "gurus".

@playbook_fan: please don't address how we moderate on the Community forum publicly or name names publicly.

@everyone else: Please do not call each other out on the community forum, we're going to clarify with the administrator in regards to C/Ping KBs on forum. As of right now, it will stay on, please don't send any more ARs regarding this subject. Keep it on content and cordial. Thanks.

Jakoby4204                                                                                                                          New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png    AS3.png    CG2.png
New Contributor
danield3

Yes, I tried and followed the steps. I do not know why it is not working the other times.