Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
jhel
My Device: Playbook tablet
My Carrier: UTS

Re: How to transfer files to and from the BB PlayBook

Hello,

I have read to possible solution. But does did work also if I want to transfer files for my Blackberry Bold 2 to my Playbook via Bluetooth?

Please help me

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Happyeric
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: rogers

I read all of this but I still have a question. On my mac, it requests the username and password of my PB. I just cant remember to have ever set up any username for my PB, nor any password actually. Any idea how I should find out these?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

@Happyeric
username is in options >> Storage and sharing >> Network identification >> Properties.
password is in options >> Storage and sharing >> Change password

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Happyeric
My Carrier: rogers

many thanks!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vbkelly
My Carrier: sprint

tried typing in the n\playbook network address and it didn't work. message replied that it could not find it.  In network it shows my playbook but when I try to access it replies windows can't access.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vbkelly

Confusing directions.  I am pretty good with a computer but I'm don't know where to find what you are asking for,

From a Windows or Mac based computer on the same network as the BlackBerry PlayBook, navigate to the IP address of the PlayBook which can be found under Settings > About > Network.

I have Vista maybe that is the issue.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

vbkelly wrote:

which can be found under Settings > About > Network.

I have Vista maybe that is the issue.

That path is located ON the Playbook, not your PC.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Visitor
queens10
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Hey everyone, 

I've spent the last 2 days on the phone trying to fix the problems I'm having, with no luck. I've talked to 4 different people and have probably tried everything to fix this. 

In regards to using wifi to transfer files from my comp (windows 7) to the playbook: Everytime I try to connect the two using Run, and type in the IP address, it doesn't recognize it. I've tried this probably about 20 times. 

In regards to using the cable, I've done everything I've been told to do at one point or another. I've removed windows firewall, uninstalled my AVG, i've done everything suggested so far in this thread, and still nothing. When I connect the playbook to my laptop, if I try to click on anything in blackberry desktop software, i get the following message: " A problem occured while attempting to connect to your BB device". 

I'd like to list everything I've tried, but I honestly don't remember anymore. I've rebooted the playbook three times now, and everytime I've done it, installation stops at the very end, and it tells me it can't be completed. I feel like that's where the problem lies, and I'm not sure what to do about it.

I've seen a lot of people having a problem transfering files, but their solutions seem pretty simple. Any idea what I should try next? Thanks a lot 

Please use plain text.
Visitor
yo365
My Carrier: none

Hi, 

Ive had my playbook for about 3 weeks now and for some reason it connects via USB perfectly with my widows XP computer but not on my windows vista computer. 

Can you please help me? thank you !! 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vbkelly

Just an fyi...I've had my playbook since their release and the backup has never worked correctly nor has the wifi file sharing feature. RIM hasn't and probably won't fix the issues. You would think the whole backup file sharing thing would have been perfected by now. I am a blackberry fan and have been for many years but their desktop software has never worked all that well. So once you accept that it will probably never work correctly or consistently, you are less frustrated.
Please use plain text.