Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Z10 + PlayBook

How tout send a Web page URL

Is there a way to send a Web page URL when surfing with a playbook? 

Luc (Baldwin64) Beaudoin
Z10 user
Playbook user
9810 ex-user
married to a 9810 user !!!
Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

Re: How tout send a Web page URL

[ Edited ]

By which method? Email? Yes, no problem. Simply use select and copy and then paste into the document. You can't send a bookmark though but you could browse to the bookmark and use the following method:

1) Launch browser, find appropriate URL or link in the page. Press and HOLD on the link or URL for a second or two.
2) A menu will pop-up with blue pointer sliders - those are your selectors. You will also get a menu that comes up and is slightly different depending on if it's a URL (web address) or a link. The link menu lets you copy link, copy, save link as, open link, open link in new tab or cancel. The URL menu says cut, copy, paste, select all, cancel selection and cancel.

3) Choose a suitable action depending on the type of link or URL you're interested in sending to someone - most likely copy.

4) Start your email program, compose email, paste link and send...

baldwin64 wrote:

Is there a way to send a Web page URL when surfing with a playbook? 

Contributor
My Device: Z10 + PlayBook

Re: How tout send a Web page URL

This is somewhat a pain. I did not set up an e-mail adress on PlayBook as I use BB bridge and link on my 9810 when no wifi available and to manage e-mails, contacts and calendar. From what I understand, there's no menu or submenu on the PlayBook where I can find something like "send link by e-mail" or "share this page". Am I right ?
Luc (Baldwin64) Beaudoin
Z10 user
Playbook user
9810 ex-user
married to a 9810 user !!!