Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

RTA
New Contributor
RTA
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: N/A
Accepted Solution

I am missing Video Chat, YouTube, Podcasts in OS 2.0

After I updated to Playbook OS 2.0 i realized that i am missing Video Chat, YouTube and Podcast app. Also when I did factory reset and a security wipe the music store is there but on the next factory reset it is gone again. I live in Toronto and before 2.0 I had thes apps. Is there anything I can do? I have restored, factory reset and security wipe and still nothing.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: I am missing Video Chat, YouTube, Podcasts in OS 2.0

Did you do it with this method?

First I would like you to do a Back Up of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software.

This can be downloaded for free from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

After the Back Up is complete I need you to unplug your PlayBook and then push and hold down the Power Button until the unit Force Powers Off.

Now, while Desktop Software is still open on your computer and the PlayBook Powered Off, Connect the PlayBook to your computer.

You should see and error screen from Desktop Software pop up that has the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.

QUICKLY choose the Update option.

This will erase all the information off of your PlayBook and Re-Write the Software back onto it. Once it's complete your PlayBook will need to go back through the setup wizard, and you can then perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your information. The only thing that won't come back after the restore are the apps that you downloaded from App World but they can be easily Re-Installed using the My World feature in App World.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
RTA
New Contributor
RTA

Thx for the reply but I have tried that many times the first time I did it my music store came back but other apps were missing so I did it again and then my music store went missing again. I think I have done this method 4 times now as well as doing a celan uninstall of the desktop manager and reinstalling it and changing the country origin to US but still nothing.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mricantshoot
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Rogers

I have the same problem. I've done a clean install twice thru dm and it didn't solve anything. Video chat, YouTube and podcasts app are still missing. It appears we are a rare breed, no one else seems to have this issue. I live in Vancouver and had these apps before as well.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mannella
My Device: Playbook

this happened to my wifes PB. I didn't do a hard restart just held the off on switch down for 10 seconds and it rebooted and everything was back.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mricantshoot

^ just tried this, apps still not showing.
Please use plain text.
RTA
New Contributor
RTA

I agree we are one of the few. I was doing some research and apperently if you redownload the update or do a hard reset using anoth network connetion it should work, I can't see how but i remember reading it in crackberry from a user that had this problem in 1.8. Anyone wanna try this and report back? Unfortunetly I can't get access to another connection at the moment.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mark413
My Device: Playbook

This might sound obvious, but we were missing apps after upgrading to OS 2 and then found them by swiping screen to left. Two home screens on our PlayBooks now with OS 2.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mricantshoot

@mark413 thanks for the reply but I already checked both home screens and they weren't there.

@RTA I was just thinking that might solve our problem, but I don't have access to another connection right now.
Please use plain text.
sdavey
My Device: Playbook 64GB

I had the same problem when I set up my Playbook at home using my home internet provider.  For some reason, some internet providers are not recognized as being in Canada and therefore these apps don't appear on the Playbook when set up using these connections.  I went to McDonald's to set up my Playbook and all of these apps appeared.  My daughter just purchased one and set hers up at my friends that lives in the same town as they use a different internet provider.  She had no problems.

I did call Blackberry Support and their solution (as with every problem) is to do a security wipe or to reload the OS by connecting to your computer and Blackberry Desktop Software.  Won't work...I guarantee it.

Please use plain text.