Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Arabi
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NA

I can't access the app world on my playbook

I was not able to access the app world from my playbook, it says that 'app world is not available in your country.'

I am in Zimbabwe. What to do? if I can not access app world the whole tablet will be useless. please advise.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
guypracy
My Device: PlayBook 32GB 2.0
My Carrier: Eclipse

Re: I can't access the app world on my playbook

[ Edited ]

Same happening to me!!  App world working fine up until tonight. Getting same message "Appworld not available in your country" Why???? Has been available up until now.  I'm in the UK.

Has do I get back onto Appworld.  Also paid for apps that I have uninstall are not available to reinstall.  Not happy - where are my Apps??

Please use plain text.
Developer
Sparrowhawk
My Device: Playbook 64GB

[ Edited ]

Same here (also UK). Stopped working yesterday afternoon, came back for a few hours in the evening and then this morning it's not available again.

Others are having the same problem, see the this forum thread at crackberry:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/app-world-711011/

Hopefully a temporary service outage. I have emailed RIM to ask what the situation is and will report back here if I hear anything.

Edit: fixed typo

Please use plain text.
Developer
Sparrowhawk

[ Edited ]

Well got an email back saying "sorry, you can't get support for this"! And this despite me still being in my 90 day technical assistance period. I can't say that I'm overly impressed by the lack of info coming our of RIM.

Edited: typos

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Arabi
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NA

I must say that RIM has an issue with communication/customer service. I had a problem with my PB in the first week (did not recognise wifi), i called and was given non-sense instructions. it was too bad that i bought it from an airport, otherwise i would have turned it back. the solution did not work, and I was blamed for not understanding. I told them just take over from your place and fix it, the annoying person there did not even ask her supervisor, she just replied we cannot due to confidentiallity, i replied that Dell, HP and others all do it, why not the genius you. then i guess she asked her boss and they did that. I mean they are just lazy and annoying. this is what you get when you hire high school dropouts with 3 weeks trainning. Anyway, it took them weeks to fix it. they did not get it that customers are busy persons and no time for us to spend hours listnening to their instruction. What i did, i got an iphone, I just did not use it for may be 4-5 months, and now when i have time to look at the PB again, here you go, you got this problem.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
guypracy

Spent 4 hours on the phone to tech support last night..   They got me to try all of the following

1. reboot - did nothing

2. type "rst" at the furthest point I could get to on Appworld - did nothing

3. Backup to PC then do Security erase - messed up my PB's settings and layout and did nothing

4. They reset my Blackberry ID password -  did nothing

5. Try and force a software update - Blackberry Desktop said no new update avaliable.

Now my PB is downloading thousands (and I kid not - thousands) of old emails from when I first created my email account in 2007!!!!

I don't think anybody there knows much about PB's they all seem to be reading from scripts - have spoken to 6 people so far - no one has a clue.

GP

Please use plain text.
Developer
Sparrowhawk

And unfortunately no-one at RIM seems to bother reading these forums or if they do, they don't appear to care enough to step in and provide any helpful info.

I think the PB is a fantastic tablet, but RIM's attitude to non-corporate customers leaves much to be desired. I was all fired up to drop iOS for my next phone and head over to BB10 at the end of the year, but now, frankly, I'm no longer so sure.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Sparrowhawk

Back up for me now in the UK, in the last 5 minutes. Let's hope that this time the fix is permanent.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
guypracy

I think it back up now too.  Was on then off then back on a couple of hours ago, and is still on now.   Just wish RIM would keep us informed.

Please use plain text.
stullesha
My Device: 98100
My Carrier: 18762776478

i cant acces my app world it keeps on asking me for a pass word but my blay book is new.

Please use plain text.