Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
markyg
My Device: 9600
My Carrier: multiple

I can't figure out how video chat is suppose to work

[ Edited ]

I really don't think it is possible to make a website harder to navigate!

This whole support forum seems completely disorganized and I have no idea where to post this query.

I can't figure out how video chat is suppose to work. I have two playbooks next to each other and I SIMPLY CAN'T FUGURE OUT HOW TO CALL EITHER OF THEM FROM THE OTHER.

I think this should be incredibly easy so what the hell was Blackberry thinking? This is the kind of **bleep** that causes users to go over to Apple.

I have two bloody playbooks next to each other and I can't video chat. How the hell can I get them to talk over distance?

I am incredibly frustrated this really sucks!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Video Chat

markyg wrote:

I really don't think it is possible to make a website harder to navigate!

This whole support forum seems completely disorganized and I have no idea where to post this query.

I can't figure out how video chat is suppose to work. I have two playbooks next to each other and I SIMPLY CAN'T FUGURE OUT HOW TO CALL EITHER OF THEM FROM THE OTHER.

I think this should be incredibly easy so what the hell was Blackberry thinking? This is the kind of **bleep** that causes users to go over to Apple.

I have two bloody playbooks next to each other and I can't video chat. How the hell can I get them to talk over distance?

I am incredibly frustrated this really sucks!

umm... you're asking for help but first you have to criticize? not cool.

so, from one Playbook, open the video chat application, make the other Playbook (via it's BlackBerryID) a friend in the first Playbook... login on one Playbook and "call" the other.

Couldn't be simpler.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
markyg

Couldn't be simpler.

Your idea of simple and my idea seem to be mutually exclusive. First playbook I called playbook1 I add the address for playbook2 which I called. I get the error message call failed. On the second playbook I add address for playbook1 and called and get the same message call failed.

Not so easy.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
markyg

Hmmm I can't see how my response nested. It seems like my response disappeared. It is very hard to follow how these threads nest. I am posting this to see what happened to my first reply.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

markyg wrote:

Couldn't be simpler.

Your idea of simple and my idea seem to be mutually exclusive. First playbook I called playbook1 I add the address for playbook2 which I called. I get the error message call failed. On the second playbook I add address for playbook1 and called and get the same message call failed.

Not so easy.

Both Playbook must have a different BBID for the video chat to work, otherwise use the PIN number , you can find it in the.settings / About / Hardware 

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Contributor
markyg

Please let me know if you see my reply. i can't
Please use plain text.
Contributor
markyg

I am using the pin since the playbooks are interchangeable. if I loan the playbook for my daughter to use I don't want her to have to go through the hasle of setting up her own id. she doesn't even have a blackberry.

I want to use the pin feature but that doesn't seem to work very well.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
markyg

I will always have more then one playbook logged in with the same BBId so how exactly is the video chat suppose to work in those circumstances?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Not by pin. By different BlackBerryID. Must be different on each Playbook.

And I can see all your posts in this thread perfectly. Nothing is nested as you call it. One single thread.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
markyg

What exactly was the point of having unique pins if they can't be used for anything useful? Multiple BBIDs seems in my view very messy. I wouldn't mind going ahead and setting up a dozen BBIDs if I could get some kind of systematic and simply way to manage them.

You still stand by the "Couldn't be simpler." claim?

Please use plain text.