Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

cma
Contributor
cma
My Device: Playbook, blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Canada
Accepted Solution

I cant access Gmail from my PlayBook.

[ Edited ]

It's been a few days since i'm seeing this error :"looks like you've lost connection to the server. please check that you have a working network connection and try again."  tried logging out and & back in several times. Network is working fine as everything else works beautifully from my PlayBook. And, I can acess Gmail from my PC and BlackBerry, just not from PB. it's not an app, trying to connect from the browser. Also logged in for a different Gmail account - that shows up as offline. Again only on the PB.

Please help!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
servantude
My Device: Playbook-16Gb
My Carrier: n/a

Re: I cant access Gmail from my PlayBook.

Im having the same problem. the last email shown in my gmail inbox when i use the PB gmail app is dec 21. it roughly corellates to when i also bookmarked gmail in the browser. it seems very annoying. i think Ill open a case with BB on this.
Please use plain text.
lyndonAP
My Device: Playbook 16GB wi-fi
My Carrier: none

I can access GMail but it always seems to be working through local storage on the Playbook. To get new mail I always have to clear out history and storage. Thing is, after doing this it goes back to seemingly working offline as any deleted e-mails during that session are only deleted on the Playbook. When I go on the computer those e-mails I trashed are still sitting in the inbox. Does this happen with any other web e-mails like Hotmail or Yahoo?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
servantude
My Device: Playbook-16Gb
My Carrier: n/a

SUCCESS. one of the other forums had a suggestion.
- log out of gmail in your PB
- go to browser settings / privacy and Clear All
- log on to gmail and see if it works

this worked for me for at least a day.
Please use plain text.
cma
Contributor
cma
My Device: Playbook, blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Thanks servantude! clearing the cache worked (was looking for this option on the main Settings page. found the Privacy Settings on the browser page).

Please use plain text.