Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry PalyBook Tablet 16 GB

I have no idea what I am doing

Just joined you lot and barely know how to turn on my Playbook. Does this, Blackberry  use Skype?

Solutions: 6,065
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: I have no idea what I am doing

The PlayBook does not have Skype, sorry.

Welcome to the forums, however!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry PalyBook Tablet 16 GB

Hello, who are you? where are you ? and what is Blackberry doing if it does not have Skype?  I am unsure as to who or what i replying to. Would you mind telling me your name or conatct name or what it is one is known in this ridiculous virtual world. I would say Blackberry get away with murder as the abbrogate (?) their responibilities to you and your like.

What are Balckberry doing to help this poor illiterate non techie individual?

hello Blackberry ! Are you listening?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: curve 9330/Playbook

[ Edited ]

Fuquet - we are volunteers that support people as our knowledge and experience allow us. We do not work nor represent RIM. You will find this forum sometimes helpful, sometimes not helpful and other times too helpful.

With that being said we are not geared as a tutorial on learning the PB from scratch. As a consumer we would expect and even encourage people to research the equipment before purchasing to see if it meets their needs and or expectations.

I would refer you back to the place of purchase for basic assistance and operation or trial and error through the available tutorials provided by RIM.

Contacting us (the volunteers) directly is not an option we promote or encourage. We recommend consumers contact the place of purchase of RIM tech support directly.

Fuquet wrote:

Hello, who are you? where are you ? and what is Blackberry doing if it does not have Skype?  I am unsure as to who or what i replying to. Would you mind telling me your name or conatct name or what it is one is known in this ridiculous virtual world. I would say Blackberry get away with murder as the abbrogate (?) their responibilities to you and your like.

What are Balckberry doing to help this poor illiterate non techie individual?

hello Blackberry ! Are you listening?

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook

I don't want to be too blunt ... but it is really the responsibility of the user to inform themselves about what a device like the PlayBook is able to do (and not do). To complain because this is not somehow laid out for you is unrealistic and analogous to complaining that you don't know how to drive a car when you have gone out and bought one. 

That all said, there are tutorials and help files for most aspects of using the PlayBook. See: http://ca.blackberry.com/support/playbook-support/?lid=ca:bb:smileyvery-happy:evices:BlackberryPlaybook:GetSupport&lpo...:smileyvery-happy: for much of what you likely need.  Much of the same info can be accessed from the help app on the Playbook desktop and much more aid can be found on fora such as this and by "Googling" topics including the keywords Blackberry+Playbook.

You can't expect the volunteers on this forum to provide general tutorials, but you can (and, I would predict, will) get input on specific issues. Sometimes it will be helpful, sometimes not. 

In the meantime, congratulations on the PlayBook and give yourself time to understand and learn to enjoy it.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

:smileyvery-happy: Hi and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums. :smileyvery-happy:

Enjoy your stay with us!

Click for BlackBerry 101

Click for BlackBerry Tips

Videos to learn from on youtube

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Solutions: 6,065
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Fuquet wrote:

Hello, who are you? where are you ?

My username is in my profile here. I'm a BlackBerry device user just like you. Well, sorta like you.

Fuquet wrote:

Would you mind telling me your name or conatct name or what it is one is known in this ridiculous virtual world.

I have no clue what you're asking about.

If you don't like your Playbook and it doesn't have the functions you require, return it and get your money back.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code