Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
klrchef
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

I like my Playbook

After all the ranting and raving I have seen in these forums I would just like to say my Playbook operates exactly as it is supposed to do and any issues I have had have either been answered by the great folks on this forum or been taken care of by Blackberry support!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: I like my Playbook

glad you enjoy it and have enjoyed the help from the forums

I have 3 playbooks at home, 1 for me and 2 for my kids. My son really like the games on his and my daughter loves to draw and play fining games.

we just bought one for grandma and kids are excited to vid chat with her

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gailbelinda
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

:Clap:  I too love my Playbook and have not had any issues.  Well, almost never, usually its a user error and has nothing to do with the Playbook  :Oops:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Hemisynch
My Device: BlackBerry 8900 and Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

After sorting out a few external issues with mine (actually the wife's) I LOVE the PlayBook and now want one of my own.  Staples has a deal where I can get one with a free dock station and zip pouch that ends in 5 days.  I think I had better act quickly.  The help forums here are really good and Blackberry has a really good support team in place.  The PB does what it says, and does it very well.  Those that cry about the lack of apps; in all seriousness, how many fart apps does one need anyways?  PB video chat works better than Skype, and there is supposed to be a back door way to run Skype on a PB.  Netflix would be cool, but I have Netflix on a laptop, desktop and tv I don't need it to be ubiquitous in my life. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mikejohanson
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: me

I like my Playbook

After all the ranting and raving I have seen in these forums I would just like to say my Playbook operates exactly as it is supposed to do and any issues I have had have either been answered by the great folks on this forum or been taken care of by Blackberry support!

Give it 6 months...it will turn itself into a paperweight.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
giannis6
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Wind

I like my playbook because It's 7' and I can have it wherever I want.It's also fast!I wish I had skype too but I hope to see it soon in my playbook :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

giannis6 wrote:

I like my playbook because It's 7' and I can have it wherever I want.It's also fast!I wish I had skype too but I hope to see it soon in my playbook :smileyhappy:

I agree with that too. Can't get anywhere near this quality for 169 UK pounds with any other tablet or smart phone. Pocket sized miracle, and with a 3g mifi can cover the places there's no hotspots. 

Just wish the beta testers would actually test day to day functions.

For Skype, none of the suggested remedies above can access the video camera which is why we need RIM and Microsoft to partner up on an app before Apple bring out the 7 incher.

[ Edited ]

Tell you something else I am impressed with...

Microsoft Hotmail (aka Livemail) does not have IMAP so i can't find any application for my macbook that will access folders stored on the hotmail servers.  All googling says pop3 only so cannot be done... even Entourage is useless...

Playbook can do it!! And does it with a push too. I wish I understood how.

My Device: Playbook, Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

I disagree I think 6 months from now it will only be better but if you want to wait and see you are welcome to

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

If it IS better in six month's time I will be even more pleased than I am now.  Yes I can wait too.