Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
langstracht
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

I need a reset button ... and can't find it ...

I have previously had no problems in connecting PB to PC and exchanging files.

The last time I did so I got an error message - which I suppose I should have taken the time to read, analyze, act upon, etc.  However I did not.

Now on connection (both devices acknowledge the connection - although no icon on the PC Desktop!) instead of the normal 2 file folders I get a blank window.

I've both reset and shut down and re-started to no avail.

I don't imagine it matters but the OS on the PC is Linux Mint.

Anyone know how I can rectify this?  Please and thanks.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: I need a reset button ... and can't find it ...

threre is no reset button, restarting playbook is just as good though

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
langstracht

Except, as I said, I have both reset AND shut down and powered up again ... and the situation didn't change ...

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I am not a linux guy but maybe try over wifi network instead of wired to transfer? I use this on my Kids PlayBook since I can never get them out of their hands.

How to transfer files to and from the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb

Use tablet network name in place of ip address in the mount. Can be found in Settings, Storage and sharing, network properties. 

Ufortunately the instructions on the wifi connection link do not include a Linux section.  I'd be delighted to go that route but I've been unable to find the Playbook.

As for the wired connection I have long since been using PLAYBOOK-B40E.  With success before.  Although no more.

However, to repeat, bot devices acknowledge, at least in part, the connection .. it's just that nothing shows up ...\

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

try this thread for som linux ideas

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Ubuntu-Linux-and-transfering-files-betwee...

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb

[ Edited ]

http://shkspr.mobi/blog/2012/04/blackberry-playbook-and-ubuntu-linux-howto-with-screenshots/

Note the later update about tablet network name. Mint and ubuntu should be very similar as mintvis based on ubuntu

Reboot the computer before plugging in usb so user (not root) owns the privileges.

Alternatively don't use cable and mint should find playbook on wifi using same tablet network name ( ages since I did it though)

Like magic - or in everyday terms "whoda thunk it" - the nugget in the last post did the job.

Re-booting the PC has resulted in normal service being returned.  And here I was thinking the PB was at fault.  Oh ye of little faith ...

Thanks to all.

Please use plain text.