Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
carolxi
My Carrier: Rogers.com

I've lost my yahoo email access on playbook and yahoo says it's BlackBerry's doing - please help

It's now day 2 of no playbook mail. I kept getting a yellow triangle saying yahoo account not available or couldn't access. The yahoo site says blackberry has done this and blackberry  is working to resolve - is this true ?? If so it seriously sucks, as my internet provider is Rogers, just like many people, and Rogers uses yahoo mail. Can someone p,ease confirm and help with thus? B TW:  my iPod email is working fine, so its not my Rogers/yahoo email that's the problem. Thanks for your help, Carolxi

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Carrier: 3

Re: I've lost my yahoo email access on playbook and yahoo says it's BlackBerry's doing - please help

Please post the link to the comment on the yahoo site. Thanks.

________
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: I've lost my yahoo email access on playbook and yahoo says it's BlackBerry's doing - please help

carolxi wrote:

It's now day 2 of no playbook mail. I kept getting a yellow triangle saying yahoo account not available or couldn't access. The yahoo site says blackberry has done this and blackberry  is working to resolve - is this true ?? If so it seriously sucks, as my internet provider is Rogers, just like many people, and Rogers uses yahoo mail. Can someone p,ease confirm and help with thus? B TW:  my iPod email is working fine, so its not my Rogers/yahoo email that's the problem. Thanks for your help, Carolxi

I use Rogers as well, but I do not use the Yahoo mail system, I use the much more reliable POP3 from Rogers and I never had any problem

Maybe ask Rogers support to convert yours to POP3 instead of the Yahoo mail

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
carolxi

[ Edited ]

Hi TroyTempest, here is the reply link you asked for from yahoo. My issue is how to regain my e-mail. I have outlook on my pc, but Rogers has this downloaded from the yahoo account anyway, so I can't figure out how to fix this. I would be extremely grateful if you could help, perhaps list steps if there is an answer? Thanks so much.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN5817&actp=search&viewlocale=en_CA&searchid=1351274...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
carolxi

Martin, your response is really not helpful at all. The yahoo e-mail was working on playbook and still is working on the ipod, so I'm trying to determine what the problem is.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest

carolxi wrote:

Hi TroyTempest, here is the reply link you asked for from yahoo. My issue is how to regain my e-mail. I have outlook on my pc, but Rogers has this downloaded from the yahoo account anyway, so I can't figure out how to fix this. I would be extremely grateful if you could help, perhaps list steps if there is an answer? Thanks so much.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN5817&actp=search&viewlocale=en_CA&searchid=1351274...

That article was last updated March 16th 2012.  I don't think we would have put up with this problem for that time would we???

All you can do is delete the account and add it back taking care with the account details.

If people with Rogers email accounts say their Playbook works fine then it ain't the Playbook OS, it's the way it interacts with Your playbook and Your Rogers account.  It's in the settings I would think, but everybody with email problems should delete and re-add as first line of attack. 

A four legged friend, a four legged friend.... (or is that a different Rogers?)

________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
carolxi

Yes!! Deleted and reloaded yahoo email and its back, thanks so zo much! So part 2 of the issue was is there any way to 'add to contacts' from incoming mail, apart from manually entering, since PB will not sync yahoo addresses or calendar ?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest

How about marking this one solved.

________
Please use plain text.