Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
kathleen101
My Device: 2.1.0.1314
My Carrier: Bell aliant

IM+ wont connect to MSN

[ Edited ]

i was using msn in im+ on my playbook and now it wont stay connected. i can chat on facebook with it but when i connect to msn , it connects then immediately disconnects. it was working two days ago. any suggestions.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: IM+ wont connect to MSN

[ Edited ]

Reboot playbook and wifi router. Report back. This is not a MSN issIM+ 

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kathleen101
My Device: 2.1.0.1314
My Carrier: Bell aliant

Well it is working again for now, but I am having issues with losing my wifi connection. My son's are not having issues with there laptops. I may have to contact my Internet provider. The kids laptops are directly above the router whereas I am at the other end of the house. The house is not that large for me to be losing the signal, but something is up.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Look at my tips on wifi

Speed-up-BlackBerry-Wi-Fi-connections-a-knottyrope-tip

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

kathleen101 wrote:

....The kids laptops are directly above the router whereas I am at the other end of the house. The house is not that large for me to be losing the signal, but something is up.

You have about 10 metres without any walls before you will lose connection in my experience. Between rooms then it's more like  5 or 6 metres. Playbook is not a Laptop and does not have the same range.   Knottyrope's tips on optimising settings for playbook will help extemd the range without compromising the laptops.   

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Microsoft discontinued Windows Live Messenger and wants users to use Skype. Check the below links -

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.