Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Bama53GT
My Device: BB Torch 9810, BB Playbook 32GB
Accepted Solution

Incomplete Device Initialize, No Media Sync

Hi, Have a Playbook 32 GB.  Was able to backup on desktop, but I notice that when I first plug into my desktop (Windows 7 32 bit), the box at the taskbar comes up, says it has detected the device, and is downloading the device drivers and initializing.  But it never completes, the box stays open and the task never seems to complete.

My initial backup was slow, but did seem to complete.  However, I wanted to load some pics onto the PB, but when I click on Pictures, it says "A problem ocurred while attempting to connect to your Black
Berry device".  The same goes for Music.  My Torch 9810 seems to do everything OK, it is just the PB that is having the problems.  And yes, I have re-booted everything, and checked for updates.

Any suggestions?  Thanks for any help!

Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Re: Incomplete Device Initialize, No Media Sync

You do not need to use the desktop program to transfer document, I personnaly use Windows Explorer, and the WIFI connection to copy documents, pictures, videos, music, etc....

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor
cochamarco
My Device: BB Bold

when your playbook try to downloading something it require connection to network, maybe your network cannot get signal
Visitor
fallmonk
My Device: Playbook

Hi Martin ,

can you give me a idiots guide to how to move picts/music videos across via with windows explorer ,

as i cant get my PB to sync,

it did once has refused every since, strangely enough the PB says its conected to the pc ,but the desktop says its not but can tell its a PB and  it has its pin No???

its really frustrating me as its a great item badly let down by this fault ,cheers mick

Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

fallmonk wrote:

Hi Martin ,

can you give me a idiots guide to how to move picts/music videos across via with windows explorer ,

as i cant get my PB to sync,

it did once has refused every since, strangely enough the PB says its conected to the pc ,but the desktop says its not but can tell its a PB and  it has its pin No???

its really frustrating me as its a great item badly let down by this fault ,cheers mick

Open 2 Windows explorer, in one you should be able to see the Playbook as a network drive, open this drive you will see folders like Documents, Download, Videos, Pictures, etc... in the second Windows Explorer select what you want to copy to the Playbook and simply drag it to the folder on the Playbook that you want it in, one thing is that the root of the Playbook is readonly, but all of the folders are read-write. 

I hope that I was clear enough other wise tell me and I will try to explain it better 

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor
Bama53GT

I ran across another comment on another chat somewhere, and it was mentioned to try cutting off the WiFi on the PlayBook before doing the backup and data transfers...I did, and it worked.  I was able to do a backup (which takes considerably longer than my Torch 9810!), and also transfer media files.  I then turned the PB WiFi back on after I was done, and all was well!  So cutting off the WiFi on the PB seems to be the key.  Just tapped the WiFi icon at the top right of the screen, tapped the ON to turn OFF, and did BU and Transfers.

B

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

I think at the top of the posting you mentioned about synching. You only need to do that if you have say a Playlist on your computer and you want the same playlist on your Playbook. The same goes for pictures, documents. Initially the synching can take a long time but you don't have to do it. I transfer only the junk I want to my PlayBook book and I always do it from Windows Explorer.
Contributor
Bama53GT

I like the idea of transferring from Windows Explorer.  I am going to try that too, particularly with respect to photos.  The sync was OK for my music files, but I don't want all the photos I have on my desktop transferred to my PB!  Thanks for that tip!

B

Contributor
Bama53GT

Try like I did; first disable the PB WiFi connection, then hook up to the computer USB, then open BB Desktop Manager, and it should all start working if it's having the same problem mine did! Good Luck!