Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
vpdesai
My Device: Playbook

Initial Set up for countries other than USA/Canada

I live in India and  received new Playbook tablet as part of free Playbook offer.
I am unable to do initial setup.
I am able to do WI FI connection with manual set up. I selected Kolkatta as time Zone.  However I can not change date/time  as the input fields are apparently disabled.
However when I proceed  to  the next screen with default date/time settings,   I get Blackberry ID page.
There are only two countries listed in the choices
Whether I select Canada or USA the screen is frozen. Perhaps the software detecting 'that I am in India.
I am eligible for 90 day free direct technical support.
When I try to register only two countries are listed USA and Canada.

I live in India and new Playbook tablet as part of free Playbook offer.
I am unable to do initial setup.
I am able to do WI FI connection with manual set up. I selected Kolkatta as time Zone.  However I can not change date/time  as the input fields are apparently disabled. However when I proceed  to  the next screen with default date/time settings,   I get Blackberry ID page.  There are only two countries listed in the choices

Whether I select Canada or USA the screen is frozen. Perhaps the software detecting 'that I am in India.
I am eligible for 90 day free direct technical support. When I try to register only two countries are listed USA and Canada.

Will someone help me ?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,957
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Initial Set up for countries other than USA/Canada

Well, for the fun of it, try selecting a North American timezone for now, and see if you are able to proceed?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.