Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

nancan
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Initial charging

How long should the initial battery charge be for the Playbook?  Can you set up while it is plugged in and charging?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Initial charging

It uses a lithium battery, when fully charged it is done and no initial charge needed.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Euclidics
My Device: None
My Carrier: None

[ Edited ]

Hello nancan,

For any device with a battery letting it charge fully the very first time is always a good idea. RIM is saying that the Playbook should last one full day (10 hours technically).

Saying this I myself would allow the Playbook to charge for the full Battery Life period (10 hours) for first charge.

It will most likely be at full charge much before then however it is the first time your setting it up. Ensuring it IS definately at full charge is best.

EDIT:  The guru's post above mine is a more technical post then mine, I would follow his instructions (:.

Hope this helps,

Euclidics

If this or any posts in this thread were helpful please Kudos the author.
If this or any posts in this thread were the solution to the topic, please accept the post as the solution so others can view it.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

some great tech info on Lithium batteries

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.