Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha B + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Install Error 0008 with WebWorks App

[ Edited ]

I have a problem with an app I wrote for BB10 and Playbook.

The app is accepted in the Blackberry World without any problems. But now the clients are complaining, that they are getting an install error 0008 after buying that app and installing on their playbook.

I myself now also bought my own app and had to discover, that I got the same error on my playbook.

At first this app was ported from Android, but the actual version was completly rewritten using HTML5 and WebWorks.

Searching the internet, I found, that it could be a signing error and I had to verify the signing with "blackberry-signer -verify <BAR_File>.bar". I did the verifying and it told me "Info: Bar verified" - so the bar-file should be ok.

If I deploy that bar-file to my playbook, it's working without any problems. But buying and installing from the Blackberry World gives the install error 0008 - and it doesn't matter, whether the app is already on the the playbook or not and if the developer mode is switched on or off.

I hope, that someone has an idea, whats going wrong here and can help me.

Thanks a lot from Germany

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

Re: Install Error 0008 with WebWorks App

You'd probably have more success in either the WebWorks or BlackBerry World developer forums:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/bd-p/browser_dev

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-World-Development/bd-p/appworld_dev

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
New Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha B + Playbook

Re: Install Error 0008 with WebWorks App

Thanks for the links - I will try it, although I don't believe its a WebWorks problem.