Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Install Error: [0008]

I have same error when installing box, hope its resolved soon.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DejaBlade
My Device: Bold 9700 / Playbook 32 GB
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

At least Box V1.1 is still working. I see that another upgrade has appeared (V2.1) but also gives me the same install error. I'm curious to know what improvements have been made in the new version. It would seem going from V1.1 to V2.1 is a major update.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Darlaten
My Device: 9780 | 64 gig Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm just confirming what Pocketeers has said. This morning, September 9th, I went to upgrade Battleballz Chaos and now receive the Installation Error [0008]. I had purchased the app when it first came out - it's great by the way - and when I had trouble installing the upgrade, I deleted the app from the Playbook, restarted the device, thinking that this might rectify the error, i.e., I would reinstall the app after doing the restart. Sadly, this didn't, so now I dont have a copy of the game on my device nor am I able to reinstall it either.

Hopefully this error gets rectified. Would this error be on RIM's end or the developers end?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SilentHarp
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Vodafone

My best guess is that this is a RIM error and I hadn't seen the error prior to the lastest software update for Playbook, the apps themselves seem to widely varied to be the developers end imo, although I have contacted the developer to raise the issue
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pocketeers
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: None

We are hoping tha the error is on our side so that we can quickly fix it and perform a new update. However, looking around the net other developers are also experiencing this issue which suggests that it could be somethiing to do with App World. 

With regards to re-installing our game, did you go to App World, select "My World" then tap the "Uninstalled" tab to the far right? Our app should be located in that list where it should let you reinstall.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

@pocketeers, I'm pretty sure that won't work.  See this thread which I'd posted a few days ago to the App World Development forum.

I'm not sure if the fundamental issue is related to changing a free app to paid, or whether it would be a problem in any case like this where a formerly working app is updated with one which (through no fault on your part, I'm sure) does not work.  The fact is that App World does not seem to merely reinstall the previous version which was working for a user, but tries to download and install the latest version.  If it's paid and you still wanted the free one, or if it's simply a broken release, you can't get your old working one back that way, as far as I can tell.

I think it's an App World design flaw...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Darlaten
My Device: 9780 | 64 gig Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

pocketeers wrote:

We are hoping tha the error is on our side so that we can quickly fix it and perform a new update. However, looking around the net other developers are also experiencing this issue which suggests that it could be somethiing to do with App World. 

With regards to re-installing our game, did you go to App World, select "My World" then tap the "Uninstalled" tab to the far right? Our app should be located in that list where it should let you reinstall.

Thank your suggestion; sadly, that does not work. As you have indicated, the app is listed in the "Uninstalled tab". When I click on the reinstall button, it begins to download the new version of your app; the download will complete, i.e., it will go to 100%; and then it looks like the Playbook will start to install (or in this case reinstall) the app. It is at this time when the 0008 message appears.

Perhaps it's due to the change from being free to paid? Although, in my case, I have always had the paid version as I bought the app when it first came out on App World, i.e., I never downloaded it when it was free.

PS - I really appreciate seeing a developer actively engaged in trying to find a solution for the problem and in responding to email questions concerning the problem.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pocketeers
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: None

Im very sorry about that, I meant to say "when the issue is resolved". 

We are receiving the same error from customers that have just purchased the game today so I do not believe its an issue with going from free to paid, unless that is an issue that we have yet to deal with once this problem is sorted out. 

No problem, we want to keep our customers happy and we want everyone to enjoy our games, we have many more to come. In fact this update is purely based on feedback we have received. Some find that the game is a little overwhelming, especially when they first start to play the game, so we have added new round modes that will make the game more enjoyable for those that like a slower pace of progression.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dtivey01
My Device: Playbook and Bold 9780
My Carrier: vodafone

the latest version of box.net (v3) installs.  However,  I don't see any additional functions from v1.1.  Is the case or have I missed something?

Please use plain text.
amanik
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: At&t

David,

This is Aman from Box. Just wanted to let you know we fixed the application Friday and it should install just fine. If you have any questions, just email us at RIM [at] Box.net. Thx!
Please use plain text.