Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Install Error: [0008]

amanik wrote:
David,

This is Aman from Box. Just wanted to let you know we fixed the application Friday and it should install just fine. If you have any questions, just email us at RIM [at] Box.net. Thx!

thanks for letting us know

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

amanik
My Device: PlayBook

Hi knottyrope, 

This is Aman from Box Team. We've updated and fixed the application last Friday. Just go to App World (www.box.net/playbook for direct link) to install and you'll be able to enjoy 50GB of storage and sharing from Box. :smileyhappy:

We deeply apologize for the error, and if you need to contact us directly. Just email rim@box.net. 

New Contributor
SilentHarp
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook 16GB

Amanik

Do you know what this Error is and how it can be fixed? As shown throughout this thread, Box was not the only app suffering this proplem and I'm guessing many users would like this fixed.

Thanks
amanik
My Device: PlayBook

SilentHarp, 

I am not at all technical, so forgive me. When I asked the App World team, they said it could be anything from corrupt application file to a mis-signed application. Hope that helps!

New Contributor
chabekah
My Device: Playbook 8Gb

My app GolfScorer was free in the old version, and is still free in the new (not installng version) so I don't think it is a price related issue. It certainly isn't for my app at least.
Retired
PBernhardt
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

This is likely being caused by the app not being signed. The developer will have to re-submit a signed version.

Paul Bernhardt
Application Development Consultant
BlackBerry
@PBernhardt

Did this answer your question? Please accept this post as the solution.
Found a bug? Report it to the Developer Issue Tracker
New Developer
JackArlington
My Device: Playbook

By my application the error was, that I had the tag <platformVersion>1.1.0.0</platformVersion>. I deleted this tag in blackberry-tablet.xml and the failure was fixed.

New Contributor
chabekah

This was the GolfScorer issue. Even though I only had done 1 of the 2 signing steps, my app was accepted into AppWorld - but wouldn't actually install. Once I did both signing steps, it installed with out the 0008 error.
Contributor
pocketeers
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

This type of problem should be checked for uipon submission. Its a very easy process to examine the BAR file for the presence of the author and RIM signing keys

New Contributor
chabekah

@pocketeers You are right. The RIM engineer looking at the ticket told me that there are a few instances where incorrectly signed applications can still be approved and that they are looking into it. If you have a log-in into the RIM issue trackr you can see it here:

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/TABLET-311?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpane...