Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Internet Tethering in 2.0?

i was asking about the phone you tether with 

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
lcocea
My Device: PlayBook & Nexus 4

LG GX200

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

thanks for letting us know

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
lcocea
My Device: PlayBook & Nexus 4

Careful though, I have learned the hard way that this dual-sim phone (might also apply to others) always uses SIM #1 for data connections, irrespective of how you set up the "default" SIM card. There is no warning as to which SIM card is used for data transfers. Roaming users, you have been warned.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

[ Edited ]

Internet tethering works great on OS 2.1.0.1032 on my PlayBook coupled with my Torch 9810 (running 7.1 OS) on an AWS cellular network (Mobilicity in my case) here in Canada. Unlimited data usage too. WIND mobile would work the same. In the USA, it would be T-Mobile (or would it be MetroPCS now?) Battery drain on both devices is manageable.

Internet tethering is something you should ensure your cellular plan has without getting shockingly high data rate and overage bills. If you don't have this in your cell plan, you could get $10,000 monthly bills and I am not joking. It's happened to many people - read the internet for horror stories. 

Please use plain text.