Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Tanny
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
Accepted Solution

Invalid Account

Help please,

I tried using my playbook today and I can no longer access my e-mail program, it is saying my account is invalid??? And then I get all these certificate verification notices...Anyone know how I can fix this?

Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB

Re: Invalid Account

[ Edited ]

Tanny wrote:

Help please,

I tried using my playbook today and I can no longer access my e-mail program, it is saying my account is invalid??? And then I get all these certificate verification notices...Anyone know how I can fix this?

Here are some suggestions.  Go to Accounts and delete your email connection, than reinstall it again.  There is something funny with the PlayBook re email accouts. After I went to Ireland - live in Canada - the PlayBook was not happy. It kept asking for signing in to my email - Google - password. Drove me nuts!  After I did the above all was fine. Same thing happened to the Google email of my not so tech savvy friend who took his PlayBook to Europe.  He had the same problem. If these steps do not help, try to restart your PlayBook. If that fails, Do a REBOOT by pressing AND holding down the hardware On/Off button until the ered LED comes on. 

Good luck. 

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Godot2011
Last summer I traveled throughout the Western USA. I live in Canada. After a few days I could not access my Gmail. Google noticed someone (me) was trying to access my account from a different city every day. Google had locked out my account. When I got home there was a link on my home computer I had to go to to tell them it was me, not a hacker afterwhich they unlocked my account. They had essentially locked my PlayBook from accessing my Gmail account.
New Contributor
Tanny

Thanks for your suggestions.

I deleted the account, and reinstalled it, it says I have no internet connection, which I do....but in the advanced integration is requires a description and a domain (and for the life of me, I'm not sure what to do with it)

New Contributor
Tanny

Problem solved...turns out that the clock on my tablet was somehow changed and it didn't correspond to the service providers time....therefore causing a miscommunication...thanks again for the suggestions offered. 

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

This is interesting. You should mark it as solved so if it happens to others they will be able to find the solution easier.