Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
Evista123
My Device: Blackberry PlayBook OS Version: 2.0.1.358

Invalid Email issues

When I opened up my email messages this morning, to my dismay,  the box appears on the screen, wanting me to enter my password ofmy one email account.  After deleting 2 email accounts, then restarted my Playbook, then added the two email accounts, the box still appears on the screen of the one email account.   I have good WiFi Internet connection at home.  I don't have issues with the Internet connection with my laptop at all.  This has been an ongoing problem  with my email accounts since last week with my Playbook.  I already did the Backup and the Security Wipe yesterday which was quite a process, to say the least.  I stillI am having problems with the one email account.  Now, I go to the Settings and this one particular email account "Not connected-Account Invalid". 

So, I just deleted that one account.  Which shouldn't have to be the case with the Playbook. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: Invalid Email issues

Was it a Gmail account you had problems with?
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Evista123

Yes it is,  both accounts.  I had a reply last week from someone in the forum that he has no problem with his Gmail account.   So I don't know if that is a factor., however people do use Gmail account all over the world and that should not be a problem.  I can now use my one email account as I'm replying to this message from my message email inbox.  The other email address was not any problem with my first PlayBook I purchased, however last week was when I was getting the invalid email notice every time I viewed my messages.  

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

I have a Gmail account and I have only had a problem with it once, within the first week back when version 2.0.1.358 first came out in February. To correct the problem and it sounds like you have the same one, I deleted the account, rebooted the PlayBook and then reinstalled the account again.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Evista123

I will try that.  I did delete the account and restarted the tablet.  Would it work if I shut off the tablet after deleting the account?  Thanks.  I'll let you know if my email account will function normally after a while. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
susgeek
My Device: PlayBook

I have had unending issues with Gmail for the last month. I have deleted and readded it, and even changed my Gmail settings to register the PlayBook with its own password. The problem will resolve for a day or so then return.

So no real solutions yet but you are not alone...
@}-`-,--
Web Development and Technical Services Librarian
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Evista123

With my first PlayBook,  I had ongoing email accounts issues.  I appreciate your letting me know that you have the similar problem.  Yesterday the accounts has been working all right.  I don't know how long it would last.  Like you have mentioned., after deleting the account and reentering it may work for a day or two.  I wonder what makes this such a problem with the PlayBook.  I'm sure the other tablets in the market don't have problems with the email accounts.  Or it could be another factor that we need to know .  

Please use plain text.
jrlandis525
My Device: Bold 9650 & Playbook

Gmail account issues started for me this morning.  I have been having issues with my Verizon.net email address settings since the latest software update.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Evista123

I wonder if this problem that a few of us have.  I have the new version also since last Saturday.  So far I have been getting messages in my email accounts today without the invalid email notice box popping up.  I hope systems will function normally. 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

My gmail has worked flawless so far.

I dont use 2 factor passwords and only use EAS ( Exchange Active Sync )

pop3 and IMAP did not work for me at first, had to enable it in GMail first and then I want fast emails which on IMAP supports but not folders. So EAS was the way to go for me.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.