Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
rossjackson01
My Carrier: orange UK
Accepted Solution

Is Bridge only for Blackberry smartphones?

Blackberry Bridge for 'communication between your playbook and Smartphone' is the blurb. Does that mean that I can sync with any smartphone? Or, does it mean I cannot sync between my android smartphone and my Blackberry playbook? Is Bridge incompatible with non Blackberry smartphones?

At present I use usb connection and just copy files across, remembering, sometimes, which I have used last, the Playbook copy of the file or Computer copy of the file. Is this what I am limited to?

Regards to all (except BB)
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Is Bridge only for Blackberry smartphones?

Bridge only works with Blackberry Smartphones

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rossjackson01

Bummer. Two reasons I bought the PlayBook, and was assured by at least four salespeople that it would sync with my phone and that was compatible with Skype. And it isn't. 

I think this is a wonderful bit of kit. Especially at 129 pounds, and think it is better than most other tablets. I can work round those two deficiencies. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

It depends on your definition of "sync" - bridge allows you to see your email, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks from your Blackberry Handset on the Playbook. 

The native PIM apps sync with my gmail account so that my playbook, blackberry and web all stay in sync. 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rossjackson01

Hello jamead1981

Thnak you for your reply. Unfortunately for me I have an android phone. I can sync via gmail but not direct to the computer. Ah well!

Please use plain text.