Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
tver001
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

Is there a Flixster app for the PlayBook?

www.flixster.com/blackberry indicates there is a playbook app.  When i launch it from the flixster site, the playbook is directed to app world where I get the message "This item is not supported by your current device profile."    Does anyone know if the app exists for the playbook or not.   I'm getting conflicting reports. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,879
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Is there a Flixster app for the PlayBook?

your link above takes to an error page... "We ran into some problems handling your request. Please call 1-888-440-8457 for assistance."

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
therealjoeblow
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: None

You can use the Android version, it works well:

http://goodereader.com/apps/playbook/blackberry-playbook-audio-and-video-apps/?did=376

Cheers

The REAL Joe

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

tver001 wrote:

www.flixster.com/blackberry indicates there is a playbook app.  When i launch it from the flixster site, the playbook is directed to app world where I get the message "This item is not supported by your current device profile."    Does anyone know if the app exists for the playbook or not.   I'm getting conflicting reports. 

The error message means it is available on some Blackberry devices but not Playbook.

If you go for the Android version as suggested you will have to learn how to Sideload which you will have to Google. 

Adding Android apps is not that difficult, you need to temporarily enable developer mode on the PB, and a free PC application to push the Android apps to the PB.  There is no jailbreaking or warranty tampering involved.  Here are the step by step instructions, the PC program, and some tutorial videos.  I bought my PB this morning, and had a half-dozen Android apps installed and working within the first hour.

http://goodereader.com/apps/playbook/playbook-android-apps/?did=177

Cheers

The REAL Joe

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
therealjoeblow

PS... what do the 2 'lessons learned' in your sig mean?
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

I just feel if we suggest converted Android apps, that users are aware what needs to be done.  tver001 may not. 

In fact the Playbook App Manager extension in Chrome is another way if you have a Mac like me.

The two lessons learned in my sig stem from the dozens of people complaining about not charging, not connecting to desktop manager (which I only do to de-brick a Playbook, never to share files) and apparently dead Playbooks.

The result of not treating the usb port like the delicate feeble thing that it is, is to have a useless socket, no charge and a dead Playbook.  Most likely causes of damage are plugging in upside down or plugging into the HDMI, both of which are possible if you push hard enough, or working on your lap with the plug in.  Or letting the kids near it..

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

I can use the goodereader flixster app.   I cannot however see my movies from ultraviolet...

Please use plain text.
whitegixer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: O2

[ Edited ]

I use a Mac and upload .bar files (When I can find stable ones) though the Terminal on my Mac. It's a piece of cake. I got a couple of lines from a site for the code which basically accesses the Playbook through the Mac and then tells it which files to upload. All you do is download the .bar files (from wherever) and place them in a specific folder in your user location on the mac (the little house) and hey presto. Takes about 60s.

If you want the 'how to' on this, drop me an email at [personal information removed] and I'll be happy to send you an instructional.

As for the Flixster issue, I put the app on my PB but can't see my movies either.

Please use plain text.