Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: NOCARRIER
Accepted Solution

Isn't there any feedback form for PlayBook?

Isn't there any feedback form for PlayBook? I have lots of problem with my PlayBook, first, I spend hours to connect it to pc to work with BlackBerry Desktop Software (by disabling firewall and UAC). The second big problem is the way of installing apps, it's terrible! there is no desktop application like iTunes, you MUST be in supported countries (what if you are in trip? nothing!). App World on the device is **bleep**! 

Next problem is map app, it always needs internet connection, how can I provide it in the road?! there is no cach feature on it, and worse than it, it's Bing maps! 

Lack of apps is another big problem, even I cannot find Y! Messenger or Skype, must popular chat apps in ALL OTHER platforms except PlayBook OS.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Isn't there any feedback form for PlayBook?

The only feedback form that I'm aware of is your wallet. If you buy the device and find that it doesn't meet your needs you may wish to return it and look at something more appropriate.

The current PlayBook is WiFi only unless tethered to another device with a mobile data connection. Supposedly future models will feature 3G, 4G, LTE, etc. If you are wanting to use it on the road you'll need another device to provide the data connection via WiFi.

There is no Skype app, Yahoo Messenger, etc. If these are critical to you at this time then the PlayBook is not the right tablet for you.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
New Contributor

It's a full-scale competition today! if they don't satisfy users, they will knock out. PlayBook is a new tablet, it will have more apps day by day, but there are some problems in the OS, they have to fix those problems.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook model RDJ21WW
My Carrier: Bell/ALiant

R U not on a Form(Fourm) now with your posting... I.m confused what are you looking for that is not probably covered here somewhere or are you just bitching in general...
New Contributor

I had bunch of problem, one of them solved, connecting to the PC, and now, I got a new one, I cannot install apps from App World, I get 0003-0005 error message, I tryed changing date to 2014 and change it back to 2012 but still I cannot install apps.

Regular Contributor

downloading app

Have never had the problem..  R U using the AppWorld app on your BB.. should take you into the system and you can search in top right menu for the app you want. when it comes up you tap it and it goes to another screen that you can view and see what its all about and then download if you want..then it should land on your PB front end..  Is that what you are doing.. not sure what you mean by changing the date  ?????????????

New Contributor

Re: downloading app

I have tried the same way, but when I tap on 'Download' a message box appears that say installation error :[0003-0005]. I tried http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/installation-error-0003-0005/td-p/1530315 but with no chance.
Regular Contributor

Re: downloading app

huh that is weird.. sorry I can't help..

ANYONE  out there can help ??????????????????????//

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

"R U not on a Form(Fourm) now with your posting... I.m confused what are you looking for that is not probably covered here somewhere or are you just bitching in general..."

I have been on many forums, and the companies are happy to have us provide free support, but i doubt if they read them. I wait in vain for a genuine feedback request from any real person in the providing company about their product, i only get them after a call to a call center.

I do agree the OP should have researched a bit more before getting the PB.

My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Have you tried contacting support. If the answer is NO then why not.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.