Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

rahul1619
My Device: Playbook (PB 32)
My Carrier: Vodafone India

Issue with BlackBerry Service

[ Edited ]

I had purchased a BlackBerry Playbook (32 GB) on December 30, 2011 bearing serial number  In end December 201, the playbook stopped charging. I took the playbook to HCL Authorized Center in Sector 2, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India, where they collected the playbook and informed me that the playbook will be sent to BlackBerry Technical team, which operates out of Bangalore, India. The complaint reference number given to me by HCL was dated January 11, 2013. I was also informed that since the playbook is under warranty, there will be no service charges. I received the playbook post rectification after about 6 weeks, about end February 2013. In April 2013, the playbook again developed the same issue (not charging). I took the playbook back to HCL Centre for rectification. I was informed that again the playbook will be sent to BlackBerry Centre in Bangalore. I was also informed that there may be certain charges to be paid (approx. INR 5000.00), which I agreed to. I was also informed that the actual charges will be payable, post the rectification. The complaint reference number given this time was  dated May 10, 2013. I did not receive any callback from BlackBerry / HCL Center for about two months. On June 29, 2013, I visited the HCL Center and I was informed that the playbook has come back from Bangalore two days back only. I was informed that the playbook could not get repaired and is no longer usable. To my utter surprise and shock, the reason quoted was that there has been some “UNAUTHORIZED REPAIR” done on the playbook, which has rendered it unfit for repair. I tried to rationalize with HCL Centre representative that first time around the product was in warranty and was rectified by BlackBerry free of charge. For the second time, it was a reoccurrence of the same issue and logically I took the product back to repair center (read HCL). Why would I want to spoil a product worth INR 35,000 by taking it to a local repair shop? HCL showed their inability to proceed further and asked me to reach out to BlackBerry directly. This is where the story becomes more interesting. There is no customer support number listed for India. I did find one number 800 – 1007 – 985 from the internet, after lot of search. I tried calling in this number, however the number does not exist. I then reached out to BlackBerry helpdesk number, 000 800 1007 373, wherein they in turn again directed me to the same number 800 – 1007 – 985, as India’s customer care number. I am now clueless on how to approach BlackBerry and seek an addressal to my problem. It is frustrating that a product has been damaged by BlackBerry technical team and they have conveniently passed on the blame to the customer. There is no avenue to address / raise the issue and I as a customer am now stuck with a faulty and non-repairable product. I am hoping that post listing this issue on the blog, somebody within BlackBerry Leadership in India / US will look into the issue. Rahul Agarwal

Removed personal information to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.