Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 & Playbook

Issues with playbook

Hi

Could somebody please help, I got a playbook yesterday and have used BB bridge to sync my torch 9800 to my playbook. Problems that I'm experiencing are

1. When the phone and playbook are synced the icons (tasks, contacts ect) appear under the "ALL" tab and there is nothing in the "Bridge" tab where it should be as well.

2. Every time I use the desktop software with my playbook it freezes up and has to be closed and restarted (works perfectly with my 9800) and error comes up as "desktop software has stopped working"

3. When the playbook and phone are synced the notifications freeze and cannot be cleared (snooze or dismissed)

The whole of the top line (notifications, bluetooth, wifi) seems to freeze and cannot be used. Only one that can be accessed is the settings icon (little gear)

Playbook OS version - 1.0.7.3312

Torch 9800 OS version - 6.0 bundle 2647

BB bridge version - 1.0.7.4

I would like to do a complete reinstall of the software for the playbook but have no idea how to force the software update because it did it already once I set the playbook up.

Thanks!  

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

Re: Issues with playbook

Did you try a full re-start of the Playbook and the phone?

On the Playbook, hold down for about 8 seconds the tiny red "OFF" key on the top of it. This will force a full re-start.

On the phone, do a battery pull for about 1 5 seconds. Some people also suggest to also pull the SIM card for a few seconds and put it back in before re-installing the battery. This should also re-set the SIM card.

If the above does not work, I would suggest calling tech support for the Playbook. There seems to be a number of unusual descriptions here.

About a month ago, I had an issue where the screen was not responding to finger swipes. I had to make a full re-set to get it to start working.  I rarely have any issues with this tablet. It has been extremely reliable. I use it for about 3 to  5 hours many days of the week. :Rolleyes:

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 & Playbook

Hi Jerry

Thanks for that, tried it and unfortunately didnt help.

Enzo
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

I would call for support. This problem is unusual.

Jerry G.
Jerry G.