Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook / Torch

Jawbone's Jambox does not pair with Playbook

So I just purchased the Jawbone Jambox.  Guess what? it won't pair with the playbook,  It will pair with my Torch though so I'm keeping it.  I'll connect my playbook via cable until there's a fix in place

Why won't the Jambox play audio from my BlackBerry PlayBook?
Answer ID 252
I was able to pair my Jambox with the PlayBook, but it will not connect nor play audio.
The reason the BlackBerry PlayBook will not play audio (or connect) to the Jambox is because the PlayBook currently does not support the A2DP profile. The A2DP Profile allows streaming of audio via Bluetooth.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

Re: Jawbone's Jambox does not pair with Playbook

May sound rude, but you should have done some research. It has been documented in these forums, and in crack berry forums. audio service not available at this time.
I hear but rumored in tablet os2.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook / Torch

Not rude at all. I would have bought the jambox anyway. I was just a bit surprised though.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I was surprised of the lack of BT audio support. I hope it is included is OS 2.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V