Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Jump start a PlayBook a knottyrope tip

kris0725pl wrote:

Ok, original charger for playbook have 5V 1A to 2A.

But onother questions. It is good idea to connect cable to USB in PC? In usb is 500mA and 5v :smileyhappy:

yes orig charger is about 2 amps but for jumpstarting you are bypassing the charge circut. Use of a PC usb port would be safer but I would still get a charger from a store that is 500 ma in case something goes wrong you wont fry your PC

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl
My Device: 8310 curve
My Carrier: PLAY

[ Edited ]

Ok, now i have on battery 1.45v :smileyhappy:

I start to charge over USB 5v 500mA for 10 minutes. I reply if voltage up :smileyhappy: Waiting...

EDIT: I connect for 10 min charge from USB my laptop 5v 500mA and battery still have 1.45v

When i connect to USB 1x red light and 5x yellow.

But i have very stupid situation. When i connect USB cable and use multimeter i got reverse polarization!

In your picture have 3 dot. From left:

When USB cable connected: i got result -1.1v

When i unplug usb cable and connent multimeter to this pin i got: 1.1v

without -

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DragonR1
My Device: bb playbook
My Carrier: bell

depends on what kind of connector the battery uses to the mother board mine was different from knotty's picture so I had to disconnect it from the mother board i taped on my connnections cause my battery was quit low I left it charge for 2 hours before I plugged in the oe charger again.  As for your reverse polarity you likely have the test leads backwards its impossible to have negative voltage.  if you switch them around you should have 1.1v thats how you figure out what your positive and negative posts are.  Do not try this if your not sure as Knotty has said you hook up the battery reverse polarity there is a good chance you will explode the thing.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl

[ Edited ]

A have a last chance :smileyhappy: I have charger from BOLD 9000 (5v 750mA) I try to add micro USB to this charger and i try charge this original charger.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DragonR1

Strange almost sounds like its shorted out....I never had voltage on the third pole.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

[ Edited ]

DragonR1 wrote:

Strange almost sounds like its shorted out....I never had voltage on the third pole.

Or... Dry joint has long been suspected as a possible cause of these problems. Remove, clean and replace might be a good idea (those 2 screws)

huh....I have learnt a ton in the couple weeks I have been on this site.  Now that my playbook is working again I might actually start to enjoy it.   Also handy knowing how to take it apart...

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl

When i unplug all cablre/flex, voltage is the same when is plugged to motherboard. Maybe is battery domaged?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

kris0725pl wrote:

When i unplug all cablre/flex, voltage is the same when is plugged to motherboard. Maybe is battery domaged?

that is possible or maybe there are some diodes in there that are blown and no one has a schematic either

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl

But it is strange,  desktop manager  detects PlayBook and show new update. But has problem to run because battery voltagi is to low :smileysad: When connect USB cable, always got 1xred and 5x yellow blink led :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.