Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Jump start a PlayBook a knottyrope tip

5 yellow blink means it is charging in slow mode since its too low to turn on, keep it on charger for a few hours

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl
My Device: 8310 curve

Yes, i must buy cherger from BlackBerry 8900. I heared when some user connect this charger, playbook alive :smileyhappy:

I have charger from 9000 bold, but charger pin and usb cable is different. And i cant used this :smileysad:

Regular Contributor
jaysus858
My Device: Z10, DC, 9810, 9800, 8520, Playbook

Knotty discussed how he did this with me a few weeks ago and I  must say I was impressed.

Thought I'd drop by and give a thumbs up and well done :smileyhappy:

Tis Jaysus!
Trusted Contributor
kris0725pl
My Device: 8310 curve

Contributor
Leeboy
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 9100

Well, i tried the jumper method with a 5A bold charger and didnt get anything, no lights or what so ever.  I did a multimetre test before i tried the jump, and the battery is reading 1.1 V , Any suggestions before it goes in the garbage?

Contributor
DragonR1
My Device: bb playbook

I disconnected every wire I could in the back of the thing to avoid any parasitic loss left my "jumper" wires on for 3 hours before i tried to plug in the playbook charger that is the ONLY thing that worked for me.

Contributor
Leeboy

Ok, i will give that a try. But those little tiny jumper circles, how did you get or what tool did you use to hold them in place?

Contributor
DragonR1

steady hands a lot of patience and scotch tape.  i used scotch because its see through and you can see exactly what your doing.  The hardest part once its on is leaving it alone you want to check it and see if its working but trust me just leave it.

Contributor
Leeboy

I can do that.....Patirnce, maybe not :No: ...So, if i strip the wires of the cut charger and lay them across those 2 circuts, does it matter if some of the stripped wires contact outside the 2 little circles? Or do they have to be stripped only enough to touch only the inside of the circle?

Contributor
DragonR1

yea i stripped them as little as possible definatly do not let them touch each other and MAKE SURE you know the proper polaity otherwise you could blow the battery up.  once i had them taped down i used the point of a knife to make sure they werent touching each other.