Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Leeboy
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 9100
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Jump start a PlayBook a knottyrope tip

Woohoo.....I justdid a voltage check and it was 3.9V on the battery terminals, flipped it over and the crazy playbook is turned on . So, its alive, but i plugged in the charger and im not getting a charge signal....I came so close

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Leeboy

Also, i plugged it into my lap top and it doesnt recognise its there, so, i have 70% battery to play with then its dead forever .

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DragonR1
My Device: bb playbook
My Carrier: bell

yea i think i had to try a few times to get it to hook to the computer.  Is this what your using for support software?

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB06...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bangjo11
My Device: Playbook & 8900
My Carrier: xl

[ Edited ]

hi ... i want to ask about mine

before, it's dead no red blinks, the red blinks only appear if connect to charger.

then i read this thread and try all the methods here..

now it can red blinks with out charger but cannot be charge

can't connect to computer too.

i found something strange with mine :

the + become - 

but when not attach to the board, the + - come back to normal

but the volt decrease very much

when i open the battery and test it with my multimeter it's around 3,8v

what happen to my playbook ?

plis help :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

are you sure you are measuring volts and not ohms?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bangjo11
My Device: Playbook & 8900
My Carrier: xl

i think so.. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Leeboy

Mine didnt turn back on until it hit 4volts , reading direclty off the battery terminals. Turned out to be too much of a hassle , so in the garbage it went and i bought a ipad.  I do have BB10 Q-10 on order, so im still a BB fan .

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gotovishal
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi,

My Playbook died just after latest upgrade. It just stopped charging. despite the charger plugged in.

Now I have tried everything mentioned - stack charging, long time charging, pressing +,-,Power buttons together, power button long press, etc., but my Playbook is not working. If I connect it to a wall charger, after some cycles of  - red led (15 seconds), battery symbol with lightening symbol, green led- it tries to boot but doesn't boot completely and dies. When on PC, it just displays red led followed by green led flash.

I opened the Playbook and removed the bettery connector, but the playbook is same. It is not booting completely, whether I plug in the battery or remove the battery.

I am not able to to charging using external battery as I do not have "requisite infrastructure" right now. Need help from seniors about what all can be done to revive my playbook and what exactly is wrong with it.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

see your other post.

My Device: 16gb
My Carrier: Fido

Hi

After removing the playbook cover on my 16 gb model, the battery terminal looks nothing like the pic on your post.

I cannot see the positive or negative terminals that your arrows point to in the pic you posted. So I have no way to jump them. Is there some kind of tape or covering over the connector that must be removed to view the terminals as in your post? My playbook is dead. It will not charge. When the wall charger is plugged I only get a red light that flashes once then four times then repeats that pattern over and over. So I was hoping to be able to boost it using your method. But with no visible positive or negative terminal I am stuck. Any suggestions from anyone who tried this themselves?

I have already tried everything else like stack charging, rebooting using the power and volume buttons, and using a rapid charger/cradle type, but all with no effect. Same oldflashing red light over and over.

Rigs

Please use plain text.