Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook

Just so much info - time short - Playbook wi fi not functioning - almost new machine AAgghh

Playbook not connecting via wi fi - sitting right by own wireless router, or at parents home - in neiher place has it had problem before.  So many diff posts, have tried some of the help, pressed all the buttons.  Need talking through this.  Struggling a little with the abbreviated terminology.  Maybe total re-loading of software?  Please help!  Life to be lived..Thanks

BSA

BSA
Solutions: 6,096
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Just so much info - time short - Playbook wi fi not functioning - almost new machine AAgghh

Please start with what's the problem... do you see the name of the router on your Playbook?

bandb125 wrote:

Struggling a little with the abbreviated terminology.  Maybe total re-loading of software? 

What abbreviations?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Re: Just so much info - time short - Playbook wi fi not functioning - almost new machine AAgghh

Hi - have flash player version no and PIN no and home router IP address (Thomson) but not sure where to find BB router name.  What am I looking for?  BSA

BSA

On your PlayBook, tap the Options icon at the top right of the screen > WiFi.

Search for your WiFi router there. It should appear automatically unless it is hidden.

Do you see it?

Once you see the router name, touch it to connect to it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Options icon (small cog? top extreme right) gives Wi fi option - leads me to connectivity which is on and "select a network" and it's continually looking for an available., No router name. Do I have the right icon? Thanks for patience.#BSA
BSA

Yes, that's the one. Top right.

Try resetting your router... unplug both the cable in and the power supply from the router for one minute, replace both and wait a minute, then attempt to find the router name again on your Playbook.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

No name, wi fi struggling to find any available network even though sitting right by Thomson router. BSA
BSA
New Contributor

Have tried unplugging on previous occasions too - no joy. Have tried manual connection, no joy - and it doesn't connect with parents' either. Laptop has connected with router OK.
BSA
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

You need to do some elimination.  You say it used to connect to that router so assuming no changes could be faulty wifi card in playbook. So try another router or hotspot. If still cannot find sny signals do the rule of thumb...

If new os does not fix it, it's busted.

Reload operating system by usb debrick method. You will lose all your data so backup first.  Then retry. If no joy on several routers with a fresh OS your playbook wifi is busted and needs replace or repair.

Edit: just realised you said didn't connect to parents router. Does it identify it or can't find it?

jarviser wrote:

You need to do some elimination.  You say it used to connect to that router so assuming no changes could be faulty wifi card in playbook. So try another router or hotspot. If still cannot find sny signals do the rule of thumb...

I agree. Go find a free WiFi hotspot and attempt to connect. Narrow down the issue.

More information on the router would be good to have also.

Knowledge Base Updates