Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
silver78
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: KOBO hates me

I also have the same problem, this was there reply. can any one help

Thank you for contacting Kobo Customer Care. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. You have already purchased Area 51 and do not need to re-purchase it if you are using a different device. That being said, the format of your book is 'EPUB (DRM-free)', which is not compatible with the BlackBerry PlayBook. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

If you plan to continue reading with this device specifically, we suggest not making additional purchases in this format. Alternatively, we suggest sticking to the format 'Adobe DRM EPUB'. The format can be viewed before purchase on the eBook information/Synopsis page.

MLyons
My Device: Playbook 32Gb

Update: Here it is, December, and I am still fighting Kobo to get my money back.  All they want to do is give me a store credit but I have told them I am not buying from them anymore, so real money back is the only resolution I will accept.

They still blame it on the Playbook, saying that the problem is with how the Playbook "processes information".  I told them that this is not an acceptible excuse and that other, independent developers seem to have no problem with the format, but I just don't like the user interface of the other apps.  I then told them they need to hire new programmers.

I have already warned a few people in the stores contemplating buying a Playbook that while the tablet itself is great value for money, stay away from the Kobo app, and I told them why.   

Amazon should seriously consider porting their Kindle Android app for the PB to take advantage of this.  Not everyone will want to mess with sideloading Android apps.

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

That is bad. Kobo comes bundled with Playbook OS, in fact I have to delete the icon every time I do a wipe or reinstall, so it SHOULD be seamless.  Somebody at RIM  took their eye of the ball?

Sideload the converted (.bar)  Amazon Kindle app which works properly, but you may have to find some naughty little app online to convert your books. You may also have success with the $1 Book Reader for EPUB and (non-DRM) Kindle app in App World.