Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Developer
BallRock
My Device: 2 x PlayBook, 3 Z10, 1 Q10, 1 DAC
My Carrier: a Norwegian

Keyboard Problems after installing 2.0.0.2711 on playbook

Hey,

I have a big problem with the new keyboard.

After updating my OS 2 beta to 2.0.0.2711 today I had to discover that one of the new feature in this update a disabled keyboard was. It is not possible to use the keyboard in convertet apps.

It works fine in blackberry browser, but if you wanna use it in an ex-android-app, for example an email-client, it is not possible to write a text or something else.

Is it possible to get the further OS 2 beta version back or will there be an update to refunction the keyboard very soon, maybe in a few hours?

Thanks for short-term answer

BallRock

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbuser245
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: irrelevant

Re: Keyboard Problems after installing 2.0.0.2711 on playbook

Hi, we installed the new OS2 on a recently purchased new PB. The keyboard will not function with the browser and most apps instantly close after opening. The machine is very much useless in it's current state. Is there any way to restore back to the previous OS without wiping the memory? This is very disappointing.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbuser245

Well,

I let it sit overnight. Did nothing to it but turn it back on and all appears to be ok now. Go figure.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbuser245

Well, so much for the easy solution. The keyboard is random and intermittent. Most times a restart is required. Last night the keyboard did not auto appear using the browser and could not be dragged onto the screen. Going to the address bar to try and get the keyboard with that only closed the browser. We are running the latest 2.0.0.7971 or whatever the latest version is, no updates available according to the machine.
Please use plain text.