Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
tourmaster
My Device: Torch 9850 & Playbook 64gb

Kindle for Playbook available?

Is there a Kindle app for Playbook in the works?  I have it on my BB phone.  Surely it couldn't be that difficult to make a Playbook version.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MiataMike
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Kindle for Playbook available?

there is a web based version that allows you to read books offline
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MiataMike

https://read.amazon.com/
is the link, first posted by contributor mikeplaybook (no relation to me )
Please use plain text.
Contributor
n_puthu
My Device: Bold 9780

Silly question.. but does the Kindle cloud reader work on the playbook OS? It doesn't on BB Bold and on my laptop..  Planning to get a playbook and trying to find out about all the possibilities..

N

Please use plain text.
Contributor
n_puthu
My Device: Bold 9780

What is the Kindle app on your BB and which model?  Thanks.  N

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MiataMike

I use the above noted WEB BASED reader. It does allow me to download for offline reading. This is on my Playbook, not tried it on my BB Tour 9630 phone.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
macheeu
My Device: playbook

No kindle APP for BB playbook in Amzon store. Kindle jus have Kindle for PC/ANDRIOD/IPAD, But actually we can read Kindle on Playbook in other ways,i find the method in an article. follow the thread http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/kindle-books/m-p/1491517/highlight/true#M..., we just talked about  this topic minutes ago.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikemcsharry
My Device: Playbook

I have Kindle on my Playbook - sideloaded from Android mrketplace.

http://goodereader.com/apps/playbook/playbook-android-apps/?did=177

Follow the instructions exactly and it works very well. I'm using my wife's Amazon account and booklist - synchs very well with her kindle and my iphone.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
bigj619d3
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Before I watch the videos on your link and read all the comments on how its done I'll try to get a quick answer from you. Is this like rooting your playbook? I just got mine a little over a month ago and wasn't going to root it because 2.0 official came out like the next week so after updating I am very disappointed with app world and a lot of the apps so I'm waiting to root it but haven't seen anything on rooting the official 2.0, not beta. Is this going to support the android market or just play their select apps that they made compatible with the playbook.  Thanks

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MountainDew
My Device: Playbook

For the most part the onus will be on the authors of Android apps to port them to Playbook .bar files. Rim has provided the tools to do so and some 'encouragement'. However we know of some Android apps where the authors have stated (Neflix being one) they are not going to bother because of the relatively small PB market. Some 'free' Android apps have been ported and are available on the internet but you have to 'sideload' them, which is quite easy.
Please use plain text.